Minor/Repaint: 'Movie' Carnivac

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Carnivac, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

Started this sorta movie-style Carnivac (inspired by his Marvel UK comics appearances) a couple years back but to due to some health issues I stopped learning to repaint figures (one symptom was unvoluntary shaking in my wrist which obviously makes it real hard to paint). Did a lil bit of work on it today despite still not fully recovered and took some pics (sorry for low quality, it's a phone camera and I know nothing about decent photography)

It's obviously a repainted Cybertron Snarl as that has the best Wolf mode of any TF and has a pretty cool robot form (despite ending up with a wolf head for a hand). Has two removable bits made from Bumblebee classic camaro rocket launchers behind the shoulder areas that look like a sort of jetpack thing when I put the missiles in the bottom which I haven't painted flamey yet (because I don't think I'm good enough yet). Still needs some work, refining details and highlights and sanding down some of the joints so they don't rub but I'm quite happy with how it looks so far. :)  Will stick a Decepticon logo (likely clawed like the one in my avatar is to symbolise his Ex-Decepticon status) on his chest when I'm finished.

Also pictured is an unpainted Transmetal Cheetor I intend to paint as his buddy Catilla. It's just there in the pics to see they work well together size wise.

Alt mode pics will be done when more of the paint is dry enough to transform.

Thanks to BB Shockwave for advising I should make a topic.

EDIT: Added alt mode pics. Still need to work on this a bit more and will do when I got a more steady hand. Hm, photographs sure do show up a lot more flaws I couldn't see before and lil bits I missed painting or accidentally touched with the brush while painting a different area's color but overall I like what I've done so far.

Attached Files:

2. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I really like it man, defo has his scheme goin on. Carnivac has always been one of my favourites thanks to his comic stories. I'd love to see you do Catilla, TM Cheetor is a good match.

3. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    I love it! Nice wash effects! I love the color scheme too!
    Nice job on the repaint! Looking forward to seeing how you do Catilla :) 

4. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Very nice, clean paint, those colors just seem to make any mold look good.

There was another custom on here the other day of a Cybertronian Snarl.

Seems like a lot of pretender love lately.

I do like your's better usually metallic isn't my preference but it looks good here.

Hope your medical status gets better I had Sydenham's chorea so I know how that can be, I couldn't do anything hardly.

Good luck on your road back to health and customs.

5. Carnivac

Carnivac Survivor

Yeah that was BB Shockwave's custom. It was his topic which convinced me to come back here, get my old one out of the cupboard to fix up a bit and post. I found it a bit daunting cos I'm only an amateur and my repaints look a bit crud compared to some peoples (especially the pro guys like Frenzy-Rumble) but everyone's gotta start somewhere eh. I like BB Shockwaves version too and his goes for original G1 toy colors where mines more comic/movie so they're quite different even if based on same character and same mold.

Thanks. Yeah it's frustrating and limiting but I am improving. Certainly have done so greatly over the last couple years. Precise work is still really difficult though. Wish I could magically enlarge figures to paint the tiny details so much easier :p 

Anyways have added some alt mode pics to the first post. I was never big on Cybertron figures but I've come to really like the Snarl mold especially for it's very cool wolf form and the nice details all over which I think are mostly lost on the original unpainted figure (but that's true of most detailed TF toys and is one reason we do this repainting thing I guess)

hm just realised his missile's disappeared between yesterday and today. Can't find it. Must have shot off some place. I'll have a proper look later. The tail still looks fine without it, perhaps better actually.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks pretty good carnivac. Really like these use of the colors my man.