Minor/Repaint: Movie Camshaft to Bluestreak

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Ramrider, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I wasn't originally going to get either version of this mould, but when I saw Camshaft in the shop, the homage, right down to the paint job, was just too obvious to pass up. The head is based on the original head; I've basically cut it down with a cutting disc, sculpted on a new face and added some strips of styrene. The top of the head needs building up a bit more, but it's getting there.

The paintwork's getting an upgrade from the dull, slightly metallic grey, to a decent silver colour, while the robot mode parts are going to be more of a matt steel.

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    It looks like Prowl to me. Thats my guess.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Bluestreak, of course. :) 

Nice sculpting on the face! It's a little small, but I know it probably has to be to fit in Camshaft's head cavity. But the small size makes the detailed sculpting even more impressive.

Are you planning to throw in some red highlights, as well? Might sell the homage more (assuming I'm right about who it's going to be, that is).

4. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

I second the guess of Bluestreak! :) 

5. spikebuster

spikebuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I third the guess!

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yep, Bluestreak for me too... the colours are already most of the way there.

However, I also agree that the head is looking a bit too tiny. There's an alternate transformation for this mold that I've been working on that I think looks a little better... and would look a bit more like G1 Bluestreak. It makes it so his arms have proper shoulders instead of those weird hanging arms... but it requires giving him new forearms.

I'll try to post a pic of it soon, in case it might give you any ideas. :) 

zmog

7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Damn! I totally forgot about Bluestreak or Sliverstreak. To me I thought it was going to be prowl, but nope it wasn't. Geez well I thought that Prowl and bluestreak lookalike, well molds anyway not personality and paint job. But all well, I think its going to be awesome to see it, when finished.

8. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey, he can party with my Movie Smokescreen. I was briefly considering to make all three the same way (using up a bunch of Quickmix heads) but these are still stupidly expensive around here...

9. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    you know, i never realized it till looking at your figure, the swindle version would probably make a sweet car version of warpath

10. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Bluestreak it is! I agree the head's a little small, but as far as I could figure, if I made it much bigger it'd scrape along the floor in car mode, so I didn't want to push it. I'm away for a couple of days, so I'll have another look when I get back and see if I can take it up a notch. I already intend to build the crest up a bit more, as I said, but I'm not sure how much more I can do it.

That'll be very cool, thanks. I was wondering about that possibility, actually; the arms are the biggest beef I have with the mould, so if I can fix that, it'll be great. I'm also tempted to try building up some of the parts to strip out some of the movie aesthetic - I'd like it look more Classic if I can - sort of like Kalron with his Classics Hound.