Movie BUZZ for TF3 WAY better then ROTF...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by optimusdestruction, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    I was honestly more excited for ROTF. I loved the first movie and was thirsting for more more more... and all the news of Devastator, The Fallen, etc had me thinking that ROTF would be the best action movie in the history of mankind. Now, with a year to go, I'm a little wary. I mean, the things Ive heard such as no more cheap humor, more mythos, more backstory have me believing it WILL be better, but then you never know till you see it.

But I'm sure once the trailers hit I'll be drooling like crazy.

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Artistic failures cannot be measured with sales figures. I'm thrilled ROTF sold as well as it did, and I still maintain that I enjoy the film. At the same time, as a rational adult I can acknowledge that as a film, it lacks a consistent tone, has too much bad humor, and too many glaring plot holes. I agree that critics are pompous a-holes that take themselves and their work far too seriously, but they had a couple of valid points.

3. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I am excited

4. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    I'm measured in my excitement. TF2's script was rushed, and it showed in the final product... there was a ton of promise in the film. You could even tell where they stopped writing... after Prime died.. and then they threw the last half together. Bay even stated that they didn't film enough for the final fight, and that some things could have been done better. I honestly believe he's jumping right back in because his pride is somewhat wounded.

That said, my major issues with the 2nd film revolve around the total lack of the Decepticons posing any sort of threat. They blew up some humans... they're supposed to. Optimus got snuck, that's the only reason he died. Heck, Starscream couldn't even hit SKids and Mudflap when he had the drop on them.

Basically, with all the bots being added, and no info other than Shockwave for the Cons, I'm less excited than I was for ROTF. I won't be excited till I see the film, and the Decepticons actually cause damage on a wide enough scale that you wonder how the Autobots are going to pull it off. If the Cons bitch up again, I'll consider movie 3 most disappointing.

5. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't really think Bay was that affected by the criticism with ROTF. People criticize almost all his films...I'm one of those criticizers when it comes to Armageddon and Pearl Harbor...but people loved those and they made money.

6. rodimal

rodimal Let's destroy Decepticons

Ebay:
    I honestly think this is going to be bigger than the last 2 and at least looks like Chicago will have a good amount of screentime. I'm excited but also one for waiting til the first trailer is released.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I felt like Micheal Bay both filmed too much and not enough in the battle for Egypt. There was too much in that he never seems to cut anything he films from a movie. The battle ran on for so long it felt like he was a Dragon Ball Z fan and attempting to go longer than the fights in the cartoon. Someone really needs to sell him on the concept of the director's cut DVD so his films would be leaner and meaner.

On the other hand after pumping people up for Devastator with the trailers that he did so very little in the film was just totally disappointing. What could have been the wow factor for the second film ends up just sucking sand, getting damaged by the twins, moving some stones and getting taken out with just one shot.

I'm also there on it's hard to get excited when everything so far has been all humans and Autobots. Yes they announced Shockwave, but after Devastator and Soundwave did so little in Revenge of the Fallen or Ravage got killed to increase Bumblebee's body count it's hard to get excited about just name dropping Decepticons.

8. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    what do you got against Dragonball Z!? jk lol But yeah Devastator was a big dissapointment. I was ok with soundwave, but I do agree he could have used alot more. Its a shame that we haven't seen many decepticons on set, I could have sworn those nascars were gonna be decepticons but it turns out they're autobots. Now the autobots got atleast 6 or 7 new guys to add to the 7 or 8 that survived from ROTF. We've only seen two new decepticons, shockwave and the armored truck. I hope the decepticon ranks don't get filled with disposable protoforms again. I liked the 1st one because each decepticon was distinct even if they didn't have lines. In ROTF the number of clones kinda bothered me, it took away the individuality of the decepticons. I'm an autobot fan but I would still like the decepticons to have their share of glory.