2D Artwork: Movie Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by OmegaVPrime, Apr 17, 2007.

1. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Well I have posted many of BB art on here and I thought I would just add to the hype of TFTM inspired art. So here he is, I did a little photoshopping, but not to much. VERY detailed, took me a hour or so, so please comment it as much as your hearts extent :D 

[​IMG]

Be on the look out for a rodimus and a prime I will be posting them within a day.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    VERY nice...!

3. perceptor30

perceptor30 perceptor30

:cool:  awsome free hand work. actually looks more mature than the one in the movie.

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i have a tip for you.. rather than photoshopping the colour on top of the linart, set the blending mode of the lineart layer to 'multiply', and then paint on the colour on a layer -beneath- the line-art, that way you'll still be able to make use of all of your original shading and also wont have to worry so much about accurately colouring along the edges of your lines.

here is a crappy 2 min example, apologies in advance for massacaring your artwork, i know the colours aren't even in the right places, it's just so you can gt the general idea -

this set to multiply:

[​IMG]

with this drawn underneath:

[​IMG]

plus some glowy eyes and higlights over the top equals this:

[​IMG]

i just have to say again sorry for making your drawing look crap, i haven't even really coloured anything before, but you should at least be able to tell the benefts of drawing under the outlines instead of over them

5. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

Cool stuff! :thumb 

6. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice job dude! :thumb 

7. Screambug

Screambug King of Transformers

Not bad!:) 

8. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    KJ, Im having some trouble I duplicate the layer and set it to multiply, but for some reason I dont get that empty layer or whatever to color on so Im not full getting the instructions right???

9. OmegaVPrime

Ebay:
    KJ, Im having some trouble I duplicate the layer and set it to multiply, but for some reason I dont get that empty layer or whatever to color on so Im not full getting the instructions right???

I mean I can color over the lines and all but I still cant get them to stay inside the lineart.

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no, don't duplicate the layer, just make a new blank layer (theres a little new layer icon at the bottom of the layers window, it looks like a little blank piece of paper) and then move that layer underneath your outlines layer.

setting the top layer to multiply then means that the colour of that layer will be added to the colour of the bottom layer, with how dark the colour is depending on what shows through... so white will be transparent, black will be totally opaque, and yellow will be a bit transparent. so if yo have plain lineart, it will just show through everything on the bottom layer apart from what's under the lines. if that doesnt make sense dont worry, just try it and youll see :) 

11. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    and then for doing the shading, have a look at how each piece of megatron's head is shaded in my sig and try and copy that, i reckon it's a pretty good reference point

12. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    finally if you want to accurately colour in a certain area, select it using the point-to-point lassoo tool first, that'll stop you going over the edges as itll only let you colour within the lassooed area