Movie Bumblebee question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CyberShadow, Nov 13, 2008.

1. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hi. There are so many Bumblebee variants out there, I am a bit confused. First up, which is the best to get - if I get one only (concept version)?

Second, what is 'Allspark Power'? What does this mean?

Third, does the Stealth BB have the Automorph features? And, does Cliffjumper?

Thanks.

2. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

i like the original concept camaro release myself, with the black. The premium version doesn't look very good IMO

3. mirarage

mirarage Agent of Primus

News Credits:
    I'd go with the regular concept version.
    That has the normal head.
    Go with premium version if you want battle mask head instead.

"allspark power" is just a subtitle added to packaging to refresh the last few months of the line.
    Other tf lines have done the same.

Stealth bb & cliffjumper have the same automorph gimmicks as the concept bb.
    Cliffjumper has normal head, bb has the battle mask head.

4. CyberShadow

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks guys. So, to make sure I have this right...

Allspark just means rereleased or 'buy now, the line is dying'.

Bumblebee (Concept Camaro Allspark Power) and Bumblebee (Concept Camaro Evolutions of a Hero) are Target exclusives. Not sure what the big deal is on these, as they seem very similar to other versions out.

Bumblebee (Concept Camaro Premium Edition)(Allspark) - Battle mask, not Automorph.

Bumblebee (Concept Camaro) - Standard head, Automorph.

Bumblebee (Concept Camero Stealth) - Black paint job, battle mask, Automorph.

Cliffjumper - Red paint job, standard head, Automorph.

Is that right?
    Thanks.

5. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

the allspark version had bright light blue paint in different areas. its ugly

they all have automorph, its part of the mold, some versions just don't advertise it, but it's there.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Personally, original CC Bumblebee for robot mode, Premium series 'bee for car mode.

7. CyberShadow

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    So, if I wanted a battle mask (and not the head that looks like a piece of chewing gum) and automorph, Stealth version is for me?

Thanks.

8. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. There's a normal colour version of the concept BB that comes with the battle mask as well, that's not Allspark Power or Premium. It's the standard BB colours that the original concept BB was released in, just with the head swapped out for the battle mask.

CORRECTION

It is actually the Premium series BB that has the standard colours and battle mask. Although, judging from the following picture, the bot parts are more grey than black.

Premium BB

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The following variants of the Concept Camaro Deluxe Class Bumblebee mold exist.

1) Original - mass retail release

2) Running change variant (additional molded details inside eyes and additional tabs on hip panels) - mass retail release, also the version released in Japan

All subsequent releases of the mold use the mold changes from the running change variant.

3) Battle damage version (same base deco as running change variant, but with additional "battle damage" deco) - available as part of the Target exclusive "Evolution of a Hero" two-pack (mass retail release in Europe)

4) Cliffjumper (red base color silver deco details, "Allspark Power" blue paint details) - mass retail

5) Screen Battles variant (replaces the black robot mode parts with molded grey or silver parts) - available as part of the Screen Battles "Capture of Bumblebee" pack

6) "Allspark Power" version (same base deco as running change variant, but adds "Allspark Power" blue paint details in robot mode) - Targete xclusive, in "tube" packaging

7) Stealth Bumblebee (black base color, yellow stripes, with molded yellow and dark teal robot mode details, new "battle mask" head sculpt and "Allspark Power" blue paint details in robot mode) - mass retail

8) Premium Series version (same "battle mask" head sculpt as Stealth Bumblebee, deco similar to Screen Battles version, but with painted silver robot mode details, additional pinstripes for vehicle mode stripes) - mass retail, also available with Wal*Mart exclusive "Legacy of Bumblebee" three-pack

10. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    buy the premium...thats wat i have...all-spark power's BB is the stealth BB version

11. CyberShadow

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  12. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    pretty good buy. all three figures are pretty cool imo