Movie Bumblebee Has Become So Cliche and Overdone...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Dec 16, 2011.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    that I got rid of all of them...except Human Alliance. I felt like my collection space is better served for something more important. (See: G1)

I can hardly stand to look at him anymore. Store shelves during ROTF and DOTM have been clogged with 50,000 diiffernet version of the guy.

Between Movie Prime and Movie 'Bee, Hasbro is absolutely beating a dead horse. :horse: 

Anyone else feel the same way? Did you clear Movie 'Bee out of your collection?

2. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I only ever bought two - the 07 Modern Bee DX, and Battle Blade.

If they'd ever made another classic '74 Bee, I'd have bought it. I think that's the real shame with the over-production of Bumblebee - we still only ever got one '74 and one Cliffjumper, it was just the literal same car over and over. At least Nitro Bee tried something new...

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never bought one; the designs were not good enough for me. :tongue: 

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only thing more overdone than Movieverse BB is people complaining about Movieverse BB :horse: 

Personally, I only ever bought five versions of Movieverse 'Bee: The Classic Camaro Deluxe, the 2008 Camaro Deluxe, the Premium version of the 2008 Camaro Deluxe, the HA figure and a version of the Deluxe Cannon BB mold that came in the RotF NEST Deluxe 2-pack (I wanted the form for the Ravage mail-away figure). I've since sold both versions of the 2008 Camaro Deluxe and will probably try to sell the NEST 2-pack Cannon BB mold next time I restart my sales thread, leaving me with one version of each of BB's bodies.

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I only got the Battle Blades Bumblebee so I don't have that problem thankfuly. However you could just not buy every copy out there that's released.

Let's hope the Transformers Prime toyline doesn't have this same problem,but seeing how there are other awsome characters like Arcee,Bulkhead,Soundwave,Wheeljack etc,that's very unlikely!:) 

6. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive never liked the bee toys, for the most part ungainly and clumsy looking, however i do have nitro BB (given to me!) and i think the simpler design and especially the less chicken type legs makes him my favourite movie bee out there.

7. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I started collecting all the different Bumblebee figures from all the different lines BECAUSE of the movies...

[​IMG]

Now shown are the BB helmet and the big RPM Bumblebee with electronics.

8. Big Dawg

Big Dawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love movie BB. Yeah there are too many of them but I only have 2, battle blades and HA, and I'm cool with that. Although I have been tempted by evil DOTM bumblebee lately

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow,a gret collection down there,this is the 1st time i have ever see so many different type of Bumblebee

10. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Damn those are a lot of Bees. Hasbro really knows how to sell to collectors these days. I used to start out as a pretty serious Snake Eyes and Optimus collector, but then realized they were producing too many variants or diff size scale figures that I decided to stop and just collect pieces I truly liked, which meant that I completely avoided the movie toys and their near endless waves of figures.

11. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I only collect unique molds, I don't even collect straight redecos. :) 

12. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

I only got the '07 Camaro Bee but I do wish I would have gotten Battle Blades

Edit: I did get HA but their was something I didn't like about so I ended up returning it

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It seems like Hasbro always has this bad habit of finding one character to run into the ground to the point that you just can't stand to look at the character any more.

For Transformers that has become Bumblebee, just far too many Bumblebee's so I've gotten to the point where I don't even like the color yellow any more thanks to Bumblebee release left and right.

With GI Joe you will quickly get tired of Snake Eyes. Sure Snake Eyes is both a ninja and a commando so there are lots of things Hasbro can do with those two concepts, but damn it would be nice to get some other characters instead of always Snake Eyes.

Between the Iron Man movie line and too many Iron Man figures in the Marvel Universe line Iron Man has been done to the point of Iron Man ran into the ground.

With Transformers, GI Joe, Marvel, and Star Wars it seems like Hasbro has an almost infinite cast of character to make into toys, but some characters can't ever seem to get a break because one or two characters have to have a release almost every wave.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I have embraced the movieverse Bumblebee.

15. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think we can safely call that a hive! :) 

16. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    I looked at my Bumblebees a few days ago and realized I own 5. 4 of them are pretty much exactly the same

Nitro Bumblebee
    Cyberfire Bumblebee
    Human Alliance Bumblebee
    WFC Bumblebee
    Battle Blade Bumblebee (I actually think is the worst of the ones I own)

and ive owned the original Ultimate, 2 each of the original movie molds

I actually really like the DOTM versions of the mold even after taking so long to actually get them. but I too am tired of seeing the same thign over and over again in stores

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one I'd throw out is the preview ROTF one. That one is complete trash. But the 08 Concept and HFTD I'd keep.

18. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    gotta love him...he is for the kids. He is hasbro's bottom b*tch. They are going to keep pimping him for as long as they can

19. crewboy7

crewboy7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have two deluxes of BB. Both are from the first movie, the old camero and the new camero. I have two legends class BB as well, old and new. I then bought Human alliance Bumblebee and haven't bought any BB since then because I know deep in my heart that it would be impossible for Hasbro to improve upon perfection.

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    This. It has become some sort of meme to mention it, and franky it's tired and stupid.

I only have Battle Blade 'Bee and it's likely the only movieverse bee I'll ever need (maybe Cyberfire if I see it on discount, it's like a different character). If they want to sell lots of Bumblebees in all shapes and sizes it doesn't bother me, I'll just probably not buy them.