Movie Blackout Problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by optimusfan, Jul 14, 2007.

1. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    OK, so my girlfriend got me Blackout as an anniversary gift (I picked him out). I like the figure, but transforming him back to Pave Low mode is driving me nuts. For the life of me I can't get the clips on the sides to line up with the cockpit piece. When they finally do line up the legs pop off and hang below the main body of the 'copter. If I push that back up the middle of his cockpit swings upward.

I've tried everything I can think of. I was hoping that messing with the folding black plastic piece that runs most of the length of the helicopter would help, but I still can't make it work. Can anyone help me out?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It is a very very common problem (one of the reason he's my least favorite voyager).

Has to do with his automorph not working. You have to open him up and realign the gears.

3. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Or scrub it and get a new one! :p 

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'm just glad mine didn't have the problem in the first place...his automorph just works going into bot mode on mine, I do it manually into alt.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I'm still not sure if mine had this problem. When I got him I had the same thing, yet one day when my Sister's BF was over messing with him, he got him in MH-53 mode and, viola!

6. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Wierd stuff. He mustn't like you guys, if he gives you troubles when transforming.

7. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    There's no way known that I can do it without taking him apart???

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Either take him apart or get a new one.

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine never had the problem to begin with. I was shocked when he lined up fine it alternate mode. I was like, "Wait...he's supposed to have a problem...right?"

10. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    It's nice to know someone else has this problem, now I gotta fix it though...

11. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    See, mine has the problem when transforming him from alt to robot, but when I do it in reverse it goes back to alt just fine. It's very weird. I'd crack him open, but sense I hardly ever transform my TFs and usually leave them in robot mode I just do it manually. It's not that difficult.

12. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Mine seems to be working, though I have to give the middle front piece a little push sometimes before the automorph feature works. I just manually align the head, and everything seems to snap back into place.

13. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    geez.. are there any movie toys that wont fall apart??

sure, you may have one or two that stay together (for now) but in 10 years.. will there be any surviving loose movie toys?

this is looking very bad on hasbro's end. How do they expect to sell toys for the 2nd film, if all the 1st movie toys fall apart.

I've yet to buy any movie toys because I can't really afford it right now, but the more and more I hear of them falling apart, I dont think I really want to risk buying them.

14. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

The quality isn't bad at all. Out of the 5 I've got, they seem pretty sturdy, and no worse than the average toy. Some of the pieces do seem to snap off easily, but that's intentional to prevent breaking the toy. The only lame part is the automorph feature which doesn't work very well.

15. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Of the movie figures I have, the only one with a major problem is Blackout, and even then I can still transform him manually so it isn't such a problem. Brawl's shoulders are a bit annoying, but tolerable.

16. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    Make sure the black folding parts are completely straightened. They have to snap into place. Mine didn't like doing that the first time, and I had some problems aligning stuff as well.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I waited and got the TRU twopack with Scorponok, and mine doesn't have that problem; perhaps because mine came in robot mode?

18. optimusfan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I did have the black folding piece straight. I had noticed that it is designed to snap up under the rotors...

Anyhow, he's fixed now. I had to remove the two screws (as suggested above) and realign the gears. Why these can't just be forced back into place w/o taking it apart is beyond me. Hopefully it won't happen again, though I'm not counting on it. Thanks for the tips!

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it has to do something with that lone spring in there. I'm not sure why or how it does its thing, but it seems to help prevent the gears from slipping. Unfortunately, it's still somewhat possible to knock the mechanism out of alignment, but with the spring in place, nigh impossible to force it back into alignment. If you don't mind transforming him manually, you can take the spring out.