Digibash: Movie Barricade Revise

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by timshinn73, Dec 6, 2006.

1. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I haven't been thrilled with a lot of the movie robot designs to date (except for Blackout which is quite good IMHO), but I think the Barricade design is one of the best so far. It has a lot of character in the face and I like the body (at least what I can see in the new leaked pic). It feels very Decepticon to me.

That being said, I thought the 4 eyes and the teeth were a tad much. I don't totally hate the eyes and teeth. It just seems a bit odd.

So, I thought I'd monkey with the face a bit. Nothing huge, revise-wise. Just a few minutes of photoshopping.

[​IMG]

Again, I think the movie Barricade is one of the best designs we've seen to date. I just felt like satisfying my own curiousity about a different face. It's not any better than the movie version. The movie design is quite good, I think.

Thanks for taking a look.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    He looks like he has a Snidely Whiplash style 1920's era villain moustache.

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I like it.

4. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Thank Primus your here to fix all these mechanical abortions.

5. MattMoylan

MattMoylan Well-Known Member

Good job dude. Hopefully you'll get hired to fix all the designs for the sequel ;) 

6. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Ah ha, he does only have two eyes.

7. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    where did his anus mouth go?

8. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Just in this pic. Official pic has 4.

9. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice job, but I love the insane look of the original more.

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    no he doesnt, he has 6!!!! look dammit! he has an extra two smaller ones closer to the bridge of his nose.

anyway as posted at seibertron, heres my battlemode addition (sliced from t/s bumblebee)

[​IMG]

11. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Barricade has far too little pink and blue on him tbh.

A REAL Barricade would be pink with blue, with a yellow crotch and face and a race car altmode damnit!

Micros get no love... :( 

;) 

Much better btw. Still a shame they didn't use a different character but opted to steal a name from a random TF to make some new one again. :/

12. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Nice!

13. chubbzilla

chubbzilla One shall stand...

i like that nice one

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    oh come on hardly, the original barricade was a decepticon car, which are few and far between..... better that association than to just make up a new character at random. and from your post, it looks like you would appreciate the idea of a micromaster getting a proper frelshing out and being made into pretty much the main bad guy in the film :) 

15. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Actually, and I said this in the original Barricade topic, I don't think he has *any* 'eyes' but rather one big reflective visor. Similar to the type of sunglasses that are common on the 'bad ass biker cop' look wear they have those black mirrored shades. Other then that, this pic looks great. I feel even the original face will look much more human once he closes his mouth, and this seems very close to what it will look like imo.

16. timshinn73

Ebay:
    The black you see around his 4 eyes in the leaked pic are the eyes sockets. There are no "shades".

17. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    damn u everyone why cant you see?? he has 6 EYES!!!!! that vizor you are seeing is in fact his 'eyebrows'

[​IMG]

18. Quintesson #1

Quintesson #1 Eater of Fuzzy Stuff

Well, I'm mainly saying they could (and should) have picked a more suitable AND more popular character. And I don't think he's being portrayed well if it's supposed to be G1 Barricade, it basically is an insult to G1 Barricade because he's not good enough to even be resembled (!). Just his name is stolen for a random, it's not a tribute. ;) 

Honestly, there are lots of car Decepticons that wear black, easily verified on TFU.info, in G1 and later series. Dead End and Runamuck would have been ideal. Especially Runamuck as he's important in the G1 IDW comic. That there are hardly any Decepticon cars is a myth based on the first G1 seasons. (Likewise, Scorponok, Incinerator/Blackout wouldn't have been my choices. Brawl and Blackout as Vortex only if you'd use Bruticus in this or the next movie, now there's something peops would pay to see).

If they wanted to do a Micromaster Barricade, my critique would be similar to the ones I have about the ones they did pick: I don't have any reason to assume from their appearance they are who their name tag say they are. First off, it should have been an obvious Micromaster (to me that means slightly smaller than a minibot at most, as in TF Victory), secondly, it should clearly resemble the bot whose name (and popularity!) they're (ab)using to attract a crowd. This can be done in many ways better than a cop car with bug eyes, a mouth, not a single color reference for a character that hardly got any characterisation or attention anyway, meaning visualy identifying would be the only option. In this particular case. ;) 

But for the movie more importantly... Barricade will NOT attract a crowd. At all. Skywarp and Thundercracker would. Astrotrain would. Devastator would. Soundwave would and Shockwave would. Heck, popular names like Laserbeak and Ravage would attract more people.

Instead, people will go "oh random fodder". (I can't honestly believe anyone that says it'll be a crowd favorite regardless of what he does).

19. timshinn73

Ebay:
    LOL. Sorry. Try again later. Thanks for playing. LOL.

20. timshinn73

Ebay:
    I have to agree here, for the most part. Barricade is basically a bot that's gone through, what, 3 name changes that we know of maybe. What may have started out as a botched attempt at a more popular character has become Barricade. A generic robot monster with a revolving door name. Barricade is a name with no real memorable history so movie team's logic is less people will bitch about them. Same with Blackout. To some extent, they are right. I think they are 2 of the better designs for the movie. But if they were named Soundwave, which was true at one point, I would hate them.