Minor/Repaint: Movie/Alternators Ratchet W.I.P.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by the (H)i(GH)con, Feb 1, 2009.

1. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I know this has been done at least 2 other times, but I joined after Smog did his, so I never saw it until AucepsPrime started his, and the two of us must have come up with the idea at exactly the same time. I wasn't going to even post this, but i need some opinions. I think the post for his head is too long, but I'm not sure, and I was wondering what everyone else thought.

The hand swap was done with Movie Prime's hands and wrists, which I cut to fit inside Ratchets forearms with my dremel. The post that's right at Prime's wrist fits into the screw hole inside Ratchet's forearm and screws into place with the original screw.

The left arm is done, and now it's off to work on the right arm! I'm going to turn the stupid little "axe" into a wrist mounted life support monitor/keyboard after that. Then, all that's left is to paint the new parts, and I might make my first attempt at pannel lining. That's still up in the air though.

Thanks go out to AucepsPrime for the head (this would've never got done otherwise) and to Smog for doing it in the first place!

I'd love to hear what you guys think, good, or bad.

Attached Files:

2. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    This custom has been done by at leats 6 others but I'm sure it's more than that. This might be the 3rd with the Prime hands cuz most people use hands from the alt jeep wrangler, since they are already black and I think they fit really easily.

Good job though

3. the (H)i(GH)con

Yeah, I know it's been done to death, and I wasn't going to post it, but this is only my 2nd bash. Since I'm new to this, I'm still playing catch up and tying to do some of the things I've wanted to do for a while now, but didn't have the knowledge/tools to do. I really just wanted some opinions on my work.

4. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

aww who cares if its been done allot, i am thinking of making one myself and i will probably post it to. i think there is way to much emphasis on the original idea instead of the custom itself.

as far as the neck it looks fine to me .

5. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Looking good so far man! Keep up the good work!
    Neck is a little to long but not really much you could do there with it being on a peg, still looks good though. Also thanks for giving me props on the head it really looks nice with this mod.

6. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I like this mod, the hands and head look really well, I don't think the neck is too long at all.

7. the (H)i(GH)con

Thanks guys, I apreciate it! I'll be finishing him up this weekend (if I can find some gundam markers by then) and I'll post more pics of the axe mod I'm going to do.

8. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Oh I wasn't saying not to post it I was just commenting on how you said it was done twice before and I was just being a smart ass about how much more times it's been done :D  By all means post everything you do here man. The more the marrier :thumb 

9. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    The Prime hands are a nice touch...you gonna put some "real" wheels and tires on him?

10. the (H)i(GH)con

If I can find some at the flea market on Saturday. That's a good idea, thanks!