Heavy/Scratch: Movie/Alt Ratchet WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Auceps Prime, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    Movie/Alt Ratchet WIP:

Well first off I really hated the face on Movie Ratchet so I've added a Moded Alt Prowl head on a flip-back Ball joint. Also after seeing someone else's mod here on our board I had to make those mods as well fixing it so cab is able to sit upright instead of upside down.
    Next I go gotta to do some work on those hands, and also see if I can't get the arms to rotate around to be able to see his Emergency Crosses.
    Then add Repolabels which I all ready have.

Attached Files:

2. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Love it!! The neck cowl is a bit distracting, but sooo much better than movie Ratchet's head!:thumbs2: 

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    what all are you doing to it?

4. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Looks familiar. ;) 

zmog

5. Auceps Prime

Ebay:
    Updated description, I got home late last night after working a 12 hour shift and really didn't feel like staying up to wright description. but I wanted to post what I had completed on this guy so far.
    Also because the (H)i(GH)con over on the request area had asked me to show my picks of Movie Ratchet w/ Alt Prowl head. So this is where I'm at on this, more to come........

6. Auceps Prime

Ebay:
    Sorry about the cowl, I think I may have it mistransformed. I should have left windshild in-front so it gives it more of a G1 effect. I'll fix that when I get more pics and work done on this guy. I might get to work on him a little tonight if I don't have to work another 10 or 12 hour shift today.

7. SMOG

8. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
  9. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

that mould is quite nice and the white scheme works very well with it

10. SMOG

Don't forget that Alternator Hound/Swindle/Rollbar's hands fit perfectly on this figure with no modding necessary!

This is a great mold with solid construction, good detail, and a great alt mode... the robot mode proportions just need some work, but that's where the bashing comes in. :) 

zmog

11. dsn1014

the movie colours put me off him originally, but I'm gonna go out tomorrow in the hope of finding one, this combined with yours and Spurts Roadbuster have made me want it

no modding! wow, wish white wasn't so hard to paint, though I wonder how it would look for Ironhide.

12. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Yours is looking great! One question though.... I'm using the green Rachet (you know, to go with the BLUE Ironhide...lol ) as a reference until my white one gets here. Looking at yours, I can't tell if he has that dumb little axe thing in his right forearm. I had some plans for that and I'd be real dissapointed if they took it off the repaint when I finally found something to do with it!

13. SMOG

The axe is there too... there is no difference between the molds.

Though... if you're familiar with the original green version, you'll notice that the Rescue repaint feels a lot... cheaper? It's a subtle thing, but somewhere between lower-grade plastics and mold degradation, Rescue Ratchet just doesn't feel as nice or as solid. His parts will probably pop off more readily too (like his arms at the bicep for example).

zmog

14. Auceps Prime

Ebay:
    Yes the little dumb wing like axe thing is there I just have it tucked back on my picks. Not really sure what to do with it. What do you have in mind on this, any ideas?

15. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Ok, I think I can explain this.... position the axe arm like he's looking at his watch. WITHOUT tucking his hand inside the forearm, pull the axe out and open it so the part that folds down sits at a 90 degree angle, instead of folding all the way down. What I thought was to fill in the hollow insides and ether add something or paint it to where it looks like a vital sign monitor and/or computer type thing. I just think it would make more sense for Rachet than the axe. If you're not following me, I could post a pic if you'd like.

16. dsn1014

I just realised the toy came in white, d'oh, can't keep up with Hasbro and their repaints. Still want him though, had a look down town and he's warming a shelf unreduced, I sadly don't full price want him.

Still a very nice mod.