Movie Alt Jazz

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scraggin, May 21, 2007.

1. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

I really think we need this. Jazz's look isn't that far removed from an Alternator. I see no reason why, if we sacrifice a little size for a little complexity(since the mould's not that big) we can't get a 95% accurate transforming Movie Jazz. There's never been an Alternator Jazz before, only a Meister! So they could just call him "Alternator Jazz" and he would be THE Alternator Jazz.

Anyone with me on this? Bumblebee might be an idea too.

2. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

meister is jazz, they just had a copyright snafoo in america and had to call him meister. hence why he is called "autobot jazz" in every other incarnation stateside now.

good idea, but im pretty sure after hot rod, alts are done for a while. and i was kind of hopin alts would stay g1-esque even if they do continue

3. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

I dunno, Jazz is pretty G1-esque I think. They'd just need to give him hands and bulk him out a little.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take away his Doc Ock hands, release the G1-esque repaint, and he's near perfect.

5. Solscud007

Solscud007 Banned

News Credits:
    what are you guys talking about? Jazz as a Pontica solstice? WTF!!! am i the only one who thinks Hasbro or Michael bay are idiots? I mean Bumblebee is not a freaking Camaro. the closest thing is of course a New beetle or a mini cooper. heck I could accept bumblebee as a pontiac solstice aka the american miata. (only mor of a POS than the miata. at least the miata is a great road race and autocross car)

If nothing else Jazz should be a camaro. at least it is a sports car. Im trying to see him as close to a porshe as possible. but not a mini roadster for jazz.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Give me a break, Jazz has already been an RX-8 in alternators, and it has been stated SEVERAL times that Bumblebee can not be a VW anymore, VW won't allow it.

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take it to the movie forum, start a thread, get it locked.

Actually, I can clear this up. THE MOVIE IS NOT G1. DEAL WITH IT.

8. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I am a pretty big Jazz fan, but something about the movie deluxe just seems...off to me. I'm not sure if its the thunderthighs, odd arms, or a combination of things, but he doesn't quite satisfy my want of a new Jazz in Classics. The G1 repaint might, we'll see.

I would not buy an Alt Movie Jazz. I wouldn't want the same toy in different sizes, and I'm already very happy with RX-8 Jazz.

9. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'm fine with deluxe Jazz. Don't need to pay double the price for a pretty display piece.

10. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IIRC, Meister was a placeholder toy, as at the time they were hoping Porsche would agree to licensing for a Boxster. We all know what happened there though.

Take it to the movie forum.

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Someone also made a good point that if a 16 year old kid was given a choice between and old VW bug, and a classic camaro the bug would lose. Even for story sake it made sense to change BB to a different car. Plus he gets an update to the new camaro which is tits. A new Beetle BB would just be dumb. At least they made him yellow for crying outloud. Believe me I love G1 but the movie is better off with the new designs.

12. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

this thread is about a possible alternator movie jazz

not bumblebee should be a........this is why vw wont....michael bay is a.....

thread

13. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

What? THe Solstice is quite close to his original Porsche... shame it's so small though, but that's mainly because the Camaro is so big.

14. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    SPOILER, do not read unless you want to get SPOILED!!!

Who CARES what Jazz is, since he gets killed anyhow! He's not coming back for a second movie, and he's practically a throwaway character! Bumblebee has much more screen time, and has much more need for a hot new set of wheels.

End Spoilers.

15. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

I really like the four tentacle fingers

16. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    The really should have done an Alternator sub-line of the approropriate movie bots, BB '78 and '09, Jazz, Barricade, Maybe Ironhide and Ratchet (might have been to big at scale)

17. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

I'm actually really hoping for all the movie cars to see Alt iterations at some point. I'd be all over it. They'd need a lot of creative liscence to pull it off, but I think we could get some very cool movie inspired takes on the characters. Maybe if Alts resume again post movie, these toys could be part of an Alt assortment between TFTM and TFTM 2, which we know is being written right now.

18. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Movie toys are already almost Alternator-esque, so no need for Movie Alt Jazz.

And to me, Bumblebee is a yellow car, not only a yellow VW. Camaro BB over VW BB on any day.

19. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Except for the whole not being 1:24 scale thing.

Actually, I wish Alternators had been closer in size to the movie figures, would have saved a hell of a lot of room on my shelves.