Movie adaptations you would like to see

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Rusty24, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

As the title of the thread says, this thread is about movie adaptations that you would like to see in the future. It could be based off of anything such as comic books, novels, short stories, video games, TV shows, or even historical events.

For comic books, I would like to see a spin off from Batman that involves either Nightwing or Batgirl as the main character. For novels, I would like to see them try Percy Jackson again. For video games, I would love to see an Uncharted movie. For historical events, maybe something about the Spanish-American War.

2. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Comics:

A JLA or JSA movie.
    A Wonder Woman movie done by Joss Whedon.
    A Power Girl movie.

Books:

Star Wars: The Thrawn Trilogy.

3. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Split Infinity. Scifi/fantasy book. It starts where slaves are on these planets, and in their free time, to get money, the compete in sports, and this one particular slave, who is a jockey, runs in a race, when he stumbles across some emulate, and in doing so, triggers a portal to another dimension, where it goes from futuristic to ancient where there are dragons and unicorns. In his adventure, he finds out that the lords of his home world are actually evil wizards controlling everything, and he teams up with a black unicorn to try and fight the forces of evil. It sure as hell would be quite different compared to stuff we have seen before.

Second, I would love to see The Last Unicorn as a live action motion picture.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Pen-and-paper games
    Joe Dever's Lone Wolf gamebooks (as a TV series, or a series of films)
    Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone's Fighting Fantasy gamebooks (ditto)
    The World of Darkness (ditto; material from Vampire: The Requiem and Innocents, in particular)
    Dungeons and Dragons, namely film adaptations of Ravenloft and the 4th-edition version of Tomb of Horrors

I'm thinking Guillermo del Toro or Peter Jackson involvement for Lone Wolf, D&D and Fighting Fantasy. World of Darkness would best be handled by someone like David Fincher or Alex Proyas.

Comics
    Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth (live-action or a DCAU feature-length film; I'm not fussed either way)
    Punisher MAX (Garth Ennis' stories, in particular; The Slavers would make for an excellent film)
    Jason Aaron's The Other Side
    Preacher (as a TV series)
    Neil Gaiman's Sandman (as a TV series ditto)
    Alan Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes (as a DCAU feature-length film or a series of such films)
    Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns (ditto; seriously, after teasing us by adapting that excerpt where Batman battles the Mutant Gang, the DCAU team simply MUST follow through and do the whole book)

Tarantino is my first, last and only choice to direct Preacher; Michael Mann can handle the Punisher the way he did Heat. It's a shame Stanley Kubrick's no longer with us; he'd be perfect to tackle The Other Side. Not too sure who could handle Sandman - Joss Whedon, maybe?

Novels
    Pu Songling's Strange Tales from a Chinese Studio (as a TV series - think an Oriental version of Tales from the Crypt)
    Star Wars Expanded Universe material (as a series of films - the Thrawn Trilogy, the Courtship of Princess Leia, the Emperor's rebirth, and all that other awesome stuff)

I'd rope in Ching Siu-tung and Tsui Hark to direct Strange Tales, in light of the marvels they achieved with A Chinese Ghost Story. Lucas can return for the Star Wars stuff.

Video games
    Bioshock
    Duke Nukem
    Halo
    Mario
    Metal Gear

On no account must Uwe Boll touch any of these properties. Mario material would be adapted as a series of CGI animated films, perhaps by Pixar. I nominate Michael Bay to direct Duke Nukem, Neill Blomkamp to direct Halo, Zach Snyder to direct Bioshock and James Cameron to direct Metal Gear.

Historical events
    The Battle of Britain
    The Battle of Midway
    The invasion of Tarawa
    Operation Anaconda
    Operation Phantom Fury

After seeing what Ridley Scott did with Black Hawk Down, I'd love to see him tackle Anaconda and Phantom Fury. The WWII stuff I'd hand to Steven Spielberg or Clint Eastwood.

5. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    The whole Uncharted series.

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've always thought a Fallout movie would be cool if done right, with a similar storyline to F3's main quest.

And I repeat: if done right.

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Simon R Greens NightSide novels would make a good set of films, very noir with a magical twist and a load of pop cultcher.

8. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

To be honest I'm not really sure I want to see anything I personally like get made into a film, as it'll most likely either get screwed up or the concept behind it just wouldn't appeal to most critics.
    Or worse, I'll like it but all the other fans of the subject wont. And then I'll have to feel bad about liking it.

But assuming we live in a fantasy world in where everything comes out aces, I'd kind of like to see a film done in the Elder Scrolls world. That might be cool...Or it would completely suck...I donno.

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    I think an Elder Scrolls movie would definitely work, if it was given to either Peter Jackson or Gullimero Del Toro.

10. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I think a Fullmetal Alchemist series of live action films would be excellent if done right.

11. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I want to see Robert Zemeckis to do a motion capture Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman movie.

I want to see Peter Jackson or Guillermo Del Toronto do the definitive Legend of Zelda movie.

I want some awesome Tomb Raider animation. To my knowledge, Lara has never been done in animation, and I've never cared for the Angelina Jolie movies.

12. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I'd like to see the luna Brothers girls as a movie. Fallout TV show.

13. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「私は眠い」

News Credits:
    I wish that, back in the 80's, Rankin Bass made a Legend of Zelda movie, like their LotR movies. Hell, I just want a traditionally animated Zelda movie!

[​IMG]

14. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

If Jackson did it critics would just say he's trying to unofficially continue doing LOTR movies.

Gullimero might work.

I think a Zelda anime would be pretty cool. Especially if they got Hayao Miyazaki to do it.

It's actually kind of odd when you think about how a lot of Nintendo's titles haven't been done in anime, outside of Pokemon.

Yuck. Motion capture with CGI human characters is pointless. Zemeckis is an asshole.

15. ironjazz

ironjazz Tie Fighter pilot

News Credits:
    some more Michael Morpurgo books made into films.

16. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Ehh, no thanks.

I think Anime film adaptions are better left off in their own country. Look at what happened to Dragon Ball when we tried to make one!

17. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Based of a Book
    1.The Magic Tree House
    2.Dr.Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham

Based of a Comic Book/Stripe
    1.Namor the Sub-Marner
    2.Peanuts
    3.Iron Man: The Armor Wars (as a Marvel Animation movie)
    4.Black Panther
    5.Wizard of ID

Based of a Video/Board Game
    1.Super Mario
    2.The Game of Life
    3.Legend of Zelda
    4.Sonic the Hedgehog
    5.Team Fortress

Based of a Toy
    1.BIONICLE
    2.Masters of the Universe
    3.My Little Pony