Movie activators: How'd they do and whats next?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by autobotblaster, Dec 13, 2010.

1. autobotblaster

autobotblaster Y U NO!?!?!

Like the title says, im interested to know how well they sold. Also is there any word on a wave 4? thanks in advance to anybody that knows!

2. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    In our country, Rally Rumble Bee and OP were released last weekend and were sold at clearance prices already. This may sound great at first, but it may be a sign the the local distributor won't be selling Activators anymore.

This happened with the TFA figures. Most didn't sell well until the clearance and now the distributor is no longer bringing in any of the new TFA figures.

3. autobotblaster

^ stange because in my area of the USA they seem to be selling very well. infact starscream is scarce in my area, so i figured its either short packed or popular.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I haven't seen wave 2 at all. Sucks cause even though Activators don't interest me, I want an Itty Bitty Stawscweam.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    All of them shelfwarm here. Not saying that's a widespread thing, but every store in my area is clogged with them, some with dust collecting on them for months.

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They seem to be shelfwarming around here as well.

I do love Starscream, though.

7. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I'm not sure I've seen a one of them sell here, the pegs are always full and I haven't seen any beyond wave 1. It's kind of unfortunate, they look alright actually but for what they are the asking price is too high.

8. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm think that should making more Activators,but the movie one aren't not like the Animated ones. :( 

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I haven't seen the Prime and Bee repaints. Screamer and Ironhide are fairly hard to come by but by no means impossible to find around here. All of the first wave is very easy to get from what I've seen.

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is exactly the mindset that I am in with these, and I'm certain we're not the only ones. The only one I even considered paying retail for (and I did) was Starscream, because I absolutely fell in love with his design (and execution) at TFcon.

11. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Here's a pic of my Rally Rumble Activators Bee:
    [​IMG]

I thought kids would be all over this repaint because of the cool color scheme, but they were busy at the Nerf and Beyblade sections. :( 

About the pricing scheme, in our country, the first batch was priced the same as Deluxes, and I kept hearing comments along the lines of "Why should I pay that much for an Activator when I can get a Deluxe Battle Blade Bumblebee for the same price?". So I guess the price was a big factor why the first ROTF Activators did not sell that well until clearance.

12. autobotblaster

^ activators are the same as deluxes in the states aswell, but so were Fast action battlers. FAB is the line hasbro sought to replace with Activators, and i think activators are FAR superior to fast actions line of figures. there worth the 9$ IMHO. i like these toys for the gimmick and the cuteness, there fun little desk toys and conversation peices at work. i really hope this line continues and i wish we had some kind of confermation. the second wave was kind of sprung on us ( no pun intended) and so i figure the 4th wave will do the same. id kill for a barricade( so would trans+crazy) and theres plenty of repaint potential already out there (seekers and red ironhide as well as cliff jumper come to mind). do you guys think the line will continue?

13. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have the first BB that came out, and he's ok. I think they should have been smaller and cheaper like the animated ones though. That was what drew me to the animated ones was their size. These guys are shelf warming hardcore here, even with the holidays.

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wave 1 has been clogging shelves around where I live, and Ironhide and Starscream have been less common (though I don't know if that's because they sell well or only a few make it to shelves because of Wave 1 taking up the rest of the room and the few that do make it are picked up by collectors and some kids/parents). I haven't seen Wave 3 but haven't been out lately to look.

I've picked up Bumblebee (when he first came out) and Ironhide (a couple weeks ago). Bumblebee looks awesome; someone here posted pics in the Cool Stuff thread and that compelled me to pick him up. Ironhide is one I liked but was hesitant at first because of his tiny arm cannons. Eventually I got over it and snagged him when I saw him at a Target around here.

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I do hope the line continues. I love all my Activators:

- TFA Bee regular
    - TFA Patrol Bee
    - TFA Battlefield Bee
    - TFA CJ
    - Takara TFA CJ
    - ROTF regular (x 2)
    - ROTF Rally Rumble

I actually had many other non-Bee TFA Activators but sold them all when I streamlined my collection.

I'd also love to have a Barricade and hope they come up with a Stealth Bee. :) 

16. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how they are doing around here. I got my 2 Starscreams and don't pay them any attention. The only reason these would be on my radar again would be if I heard of a Barricade.

17. autobotblaster

^ so thats 4+ for a barricade.

one thing i put to this line is that they came out the same time as Stealth force. that lines shelfwarming but still continues! so what about ACtivators? since these seem to be more low tere, theres a super low chance a stolen chinese one would pop up. So is there a way to confirm that this line will continue?

18. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'm disappointed in the size. If these were the same size as Animated Activators, I'd be all over them.