Movie Accurate Prime With Sword!

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by Cryotech, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Cryotech

Cryotech New Member

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    where do people get these ridiculous amounts of money to spend.

3. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I guess they cheat or steal it. People who work for their money are more frugal when it comes to spending it.

4. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Nah. I know tons of people who are of the mindset "hey, I work, this is what I get for it, I can afford to buy expensive stuff!"

5. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

What THE F*CK??? No, no, just no. That price is astronomical. I wonder if they'll actually pay and why. I know there'd be PLENTY of people who'd be willing to do that work for a fraction of that price (and there's still 2 hrs).

6. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Why oh why did it have to be our movie that brought out all the crazies and scalpers? In all my years of collecting, I've never seen a movie have such an impact on the hobby itself.

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I'm not entirely sure why high-selling customs is such a problem.

8. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I can't explain without it being too wordy. But it does not reflect well on the state of the hobby.

And it sucks that a (cool) sword and some silver, blue and black paint make for 50x retail value.

9. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Its not like these are smart investors looking for a snazzy upscale art item for the home. They're retards with cash from living at home and having no women to spend it on. After three or four decades of that kinda living and your judgement starts to skew...alot. I got friends with cash to blow and they buy expensive things, but this is not the norm by far.

Its a nice prime, though.

10. Fortress_Maximus

Fortress_Maximus fortuna audaces iuvat

EXACTLY! The movie is bringing out some of the UGLIEST parts of the fandom, SCALPERS and HOARDERS!

Now we all have to really FIGHT them just to get a few toys that use to be reasonably easy to find. DAMN.

11. jetrex

jetrex Transform and Roll Out!

Ebay:
    Its insane how people could spend a ridiculous amount of money on a customs

12. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    these people are dumbfucks that have no idea what really commands that kinda price tag in the tf toy collecting community. ignorance mixed with a credit card is just mouse click away for these nimrods. thats about as well as I can put it.

seems like all the moths are drawn to these cheesy ass customs.

13. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

That is an absolutely astronomical price. In fact, I don't believe whatsoever that that is a legit win.

I'm calling shenanigans.

I'm not a fan of customs and could never see myself paying for them. For me, they are worth less than the original piece that it's based on, even if it was in c2 condition.

With that said, I can see why people like them, and I have a lot of respect for the work that goes into many of them.

What I don't like is what amounts to phony auctions like this.

14. Mr_K

Mr_K Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The custom is nice - not as nice as the custom 'dead' jazz or brawl but nice. However, apart from the price, I don't understand why this person has added machine gun bullets connecting from the back of prime to his gun in robot mode when his gun is powered by energon??? Looks silly to me

15. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    <snip>

Eh. I"m going to go ahead and edit myself, because it's really not worth it.

16. JinSaotome

JinSaotome Banned

Ebay:
    People are freaking about about this but there's a simple explanation. The seller paid $40 for Ebay's "Homepage Featured" option. Pretty much it works like this. You plop down forty bucks and Ebay 'might' feature your auction on their front page in a rotating system IF it meets certain standards and IF they like it enough. Well Transformers is a huge thing right now and the seller had the right product at the right time obviously. His $40 gamble paid out at $2,500!

I've paid the $40 for customs like my Magneto or Deadpool (and Megatron this week. And look, he put up his megs right after mine, same as he did with Prime) but never got the coveted homepage spot. It gets you a smidgen of more exposure tho because no matter what you're listed in the featured section in the link below whatever's on the main page. of courser yours is in a list of 2000 other auctions down there, lol! So really he just got lucky and some great exposure.

17. optimuslives

optimuslives Banned

Jin put it perfectly. During the Wii scramble over Christmas, that $40 investment could bring you a 4x purchase price return. It's honestly no different than when consoles, devices, anything really comes out. If the seller chooses to pay that fee, more power to them and then eBay can get them more exposure. I don't think it's fair to label the guys who are doing the customs as the problem. It's everyone else (as was stated before) that is hoarding and scalping, hence why we have such a cluster when trying to find 08 or Ultimate BB's (aside from the normal short-packing).

Sidenote - I've bid on two of Jin's auctions and gotten sniped at the last minute, dammit! (Allspark Diorama and Allspark cube, you can give me a set price to buy them now anytime Jin ;)  )

18. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

It looks like a hose to me, probably from Doc Ock. I have more of an issue with the fact that the sword doesn't even attach. You use a stupid rubberband thing that you get when you buy the toy at retail to keep it in place.