Movie 3 Leaders?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by lostnfound, Jul 4, 2010.

1. lostnfound

lostnfound Contructiconvict

So in the first 2 movies we only got 3 different leader molds for each line. That plus the fact that only 4 different characters actually got a leader figure (Optimus, Megatron, Brawl, and Jetfire)

Now the third movie rolls along and brings us a new Starscream leader figure that (for most) is comparable in its awesomeness to ROTF leader Prime, in addition to another retool of....well another leader Prime.

So after 3 movie lines produces 5 different characters with leader classes to represent them, can we expect more? Think it will happen? Will hasbro finally release something along the lines of a leader Blackout or Bonecrusher or something? (I am not lobbying for these btw) Something that the fans have been begging for?

I would love to see 1 or 2 more characters get a leader mold. Especially an autobot other than Optimus.

Will Megatron get a new leader mold?
    Can someone along the lines of Ironhide (my favorite movie character other than Starscream) get a leader class?

What do you guys think, would you support more leaders? We only got 4 total in the entire ROTF line.

Ideas/Thoughts?

2. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    starscream isn't movie 3........

3. lostnfound

Pardon? Didn't hasbro say that they would be releasing the 3rd movie figures along with nonmovie figures under the general toyline simply called "Transformers"?

4. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Starscream is released under the "Hunt for the Decepticons" line now, but it's not considered a figure to represent the next movie, which I think is the point Cujo was making.

That being said, I just like to see well engineered and aesthetically pleasing figures, and that doesn't always take a Leader class. I guess for now I'm ok with only a few Leaders released per line.

5. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HftD is a tie-over line till TF3 toys come out. I'm fairly confident that Shockwave will be getting a leader-class toy if he is indeed the central villain for TF3. I doubt we're gonna see a brand new Prime figure, I think a retool with a blade, a hook and the fuel tank gun in Buster Prime deco is what we're likely to see. That is of course, unless Prime has some sort of combination or big upgrade in film that we don't know about, then we may see a new mold. If not, I stick to the idea we'll get Buster Prime with a taste of all his weaponry.

6. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I kinda think the problem you run into with other Autobots getting a Leader class treatment is a problem of scale. Yeah, I know scale usually isn't a big concern when it comes to the toy line, but I couldn't see them making a Leader class figure of one of the standard cars. I do think you could make a case for Ironhide or Ratchet. A Leader class Ratchet almost wouldn't surprise me, as he seems to be getting more and more important as a core character. I wouldn't mind seeing either Autobot get a Leader class, or possibly a new character step up.

I will be sorely disappointed if the new TF3 villain doesn't get a Leader class toy.

And I'd love to see a Leader-class Soundwave, especially if we get more drones in TF3.

7. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree if indeed Shockwave is the big villain he will get the LC nod. Other than him? maybe some Starscream redecos and though un-needed, a Bumblebee.

8. lostnfound

I hope so with Shockwave too, although we did only get 1 fallen figure, and it was the lame voyager version. So I won't keep my hopes up. The one thing that doesn't seem too unreasonable is to expect at least one completely new leader mold for a new character altogether in the new movie line.

And for the record, even though I highly either will happen, I think that Ironhide should get a leader before Ratchet, and has a higher higher chance of getting one. My evidence being that when Optimus dies briefly in ROTF, Ironhide semi-took over for the autobots (will the little screen time that he had).

9. lostnfound

I suppose, but to me it still counts. New movie, new toyline with movie characters, enough said. Its at the very least, in some way, part of it.

10. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly HFTD is technically Generations/Universe 2.5.... it has NOTHING to do with TF3..... yet..

11. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    HFTD isn't Generations it's basically a promotion on Transformers Movie Universe toys.

Revenge of the Fallen =2009/2010
    NEST = 2010
    HFTD / Autobot Alliance = 2010/2011

They are all Transformers Movie toys. with the exceptions of some of the Voyagers which are miss-boxed as movie toys for retail sales reasons (i.e. Voyager Grapple & legends Beachcomber's tan color repaint)

My understanding is that PCC are their own thing - but loosly linked to the movie universe in terms of concept (via Devastator's non-robot combination idea).

And Generations is basically exactly the same thing as Universe 2.0.
    Except there's not anything sold as Generations except some retailer boxed sets we've not seen yet - and it looks likely that what they will actually do is remove all the taglines and keep the red coloring like they've done with the minicons 8 pack and carded single minicons.

PCC = Orange Boxes
    HFTD = Yellow boxes
    Generations / Transformers = Red Boxes

I'm expecting the Promotion to end - perhaps even before the 3rd movie - perhaps they might use another tag or not... they might even use 'Autobot Alliance' as in Japan.
    But they might just leave it as Transformers generically or as HFTD until Movie 3 time replaces most of that.

I'd guess that Generations/generic Transformers releases will be very thin on the ground come 2011 - unless they decide to do something odd like sell Transformers Prime figure under that banner. (I don't expect them too).

I expect that aside from the odd Legend or Minicon or retailer exclusive those line will end in 2011 and the main lines through most of the year of 2011 (from the time just before the movie comes out) will be Transformers : Prime and Transformers Movie 3 toys.

------------------------

YES I do want a non-Optimus non-Megatron Leader given lead positon in 2011 ideally Blackout or Bonecrusher.

But i'd not mind if leaders were made of Longhaul, Overload, The Fallen, Shockwave, and others.

As I've mentioned in other threads i'd like to see non-electronic Ultra class Movie characters of things like Ironhide, Ratchet, Scrapper, Rampage, Brawl, Hightower, & Optimus & Megatron.

I'd also like a Voyager ICT Twins

Ultra Megatron would be a good idea as it would allow a chance to fix all the flaws with the ROTF Megatron's and Optimus could be an upscaled Voyager Optimus with painted silver parts, transforming sword/axes and perhaps a face plate mechanism.

If they do use weapons in vehicle mode inthe 3rd movie then that feature could be applied to some of the toys to distinguish them for 2007-2010 ones.

------

I want a proper 3rd bike as a movie 3 deluxe - and perhaps a couple of the unused cycle designs as new deluxes other the period of the line.

------

A few Gi Joe scale humans - perhaps packed with tiny Transformers like the Kitchen crew or Frenzy.

------

As to repaints i'd like :
    Blue Movie 2 Skids,
    Black Trailbreaker color Mudflap,
    ROTF Arcee in G1 (Wonderfest) colors
    ROTF Arcee in Paradron medic colors
    ROTF Dead End in G1 colors
    ROTF Rampage in G1 colors
    ROTF Longhaul as Wideload
    1970's Bumblebee either a new mold or a reissue / repaint ideally as Windcharger.

I'd also like some Walmart or Target Exclusive DX's that are Energon repaints.

12. lostnfound

I dont even need a leader of overload, I could use any figure of overload. any fig of him, hightower, and/or scrapper.

13. Xaedrahk

Xaedrahk Prime-otions!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave; I agree should have a leader-class figure for the third movie. The Fallen's another one. I realize he's kind of in the same boat as Bonecrusher and Blackout/Grindor in the "put to scale for fight scenes" group, but considering he was supposed to be the big baddie...

If I may amend that; I'd personally like to see all of the constructicons from ROTF get an ultra class combiner treatment. I realize that the end result would be expensive, but damn it'd be worth it XD

As for the ultra-class concepts of Ironhide and Ratchet....I guess I could go for those too. Voyager does seem a tad on the small side for scale-nuts.

14. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    For TF3 Leaders, I predict a New Megs, a retooled Prime, a repainted Screamer, and MAYBE you-know-who, but I'm thinking he'll get Voyager treatment like The Fallen did.

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a big autobot get a Leader mold for TF3. Ultra Magnus or Inferno, obviously it depends on who's in the movie.

16. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Regardless of what you feel, leader starscream has nothing at all to do with movie three. In fact, I can't believe you actually think that considering the movie is barely started filming and we have no idea what the designs will look like.

But, yeah, to answer your question leader blackout or hasblow hates us

17. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Shockwave
    might get a Leader Sized toy, along with
    Silverbolt

18. Warbot Defender

Warbot Defender Banned

I agree, I think your idea of Prime is what we'll see for the next toy line. However, if they could tweak that backpack a bit, and give him the face plate gimmick, that would be awesome.

And I'd have it replace my current Optimus in a heart beat. Those tweaks, for me, would make an incredible figure better.

Oh, and shorter swords. Ones that aren't in the way all the time. Damned things are irritating. :( 

Oh, and Megatron deserves a better Leader Class figure. Don't get me wrong, even as simplistic as it is, I like the ROTF Megatron figure, but he deserves better. Even the first movie's Megatron was more intricate and had a more challenging transformation. Now that they know what his animation model will look like, and this is the last film (supposedly), they better give us one hell of a figure. It's probably their last chance to make him.

C'mon Hasbro. Make him as Masterpieced as Prime and Screamer.

19. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

I need a Leader Shockwabe. A GOOD one.

20. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *looks at Generations WFC Bumblebee packaging laying on bed that explicitly states TransFormers Generations*

What?