Movie (2007) deluxe Bumblebee help

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by gargunkle, Jun 1, 2010.

1. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I recently acquired a loose Concept Camaro deluxe Bumblebee in an ebay lot. This is actually my first in-hand version of this toy. It came with no instructions.

I may be doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't seem to get the hood to align properly in car mode. Is there some special trick to it? Is it possible for the automorph gears to be out of alignment?

Any tips appreciated.

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    That's a tough question. What won't line up exactly? I've never had a problem with the gearing like I did on blackout. Is it the middle piece that is causing the problem? Cause I have had an issue of that getting in the way of transformation. Make sure nothing is hung up on anything as best as you can tell. Sorry, that is not much help.

3. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

This isn't a great photo but hopefully it will get the point across:

[​IMG]

Basically it's like all the panels can't be made to be at the same level.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I dont think I could make mine do that.

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

You can't make yours line up properly, or you can't do what I have pictured here?

If mine is in a state that's unusual, any ideas how I could get it back the way it should be?

6. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I have this problem on occasion too, it's actually pretty common that the automorph of his chest tends to break. However, I just found that, at least with mine, if you first tilt his torso back a bit and make sure to push the hood down onto his chest as far it will go and then flip it the other way to transform, it seems to line up.

7. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Hmm, I tried this but it doesn't really seem to change anything. I will say that when the hood is down for robot mode, it doesn't sit flush with the rest of the body. It sort of springs out a little bit. I do wonder if something's out of place with the gears.

8. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I think I figured out that the gears were indeed maybe one off. I held his back in place and applied some downward pressure on the chest. It's still springing open a bit in robot mode but I think it at least lines up correctly. I appreciate all the input.

9. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Yeah this happened to my cliffjumper one time. Car mode ended up exactly like your picture. Definitely a misalignment of the gears. I just got mad at it and forced it back how it was supposed to be. LOL Cliffy is really loose now. But I didn't care too much cuz I have like four other versions of this mold. I know that don't help much sorry.

10. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I had a similar problem too. I fixed it by unscrewing the parts off and realigning the gears. It is quite difficult as it requires trial and error.

11. Slappytron

Slappytron Peace through Slapping

That '07 Camaro Bumblebee is a mess to transform. He's hard to snap into place, pieces fall off all the time. Looks cool though.

12. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    I've owned that mold on three separate occasions, and I've never made him do that. Some time Auto Morph gets all fucked up. Maybe it's the gears.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

:( 

14. rohrerprime25

rohrerprime25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    same problem with me man i was flipping out and what not then i clam down and i kind of force it and it came back to normal and its tight now use the force it will be with u lol

15. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Oh, that! gosh, its so irritating when it happens. thats why i dont transform 08 Bee a lot. :p  I dont know how to help you actually, i just try to place everything in place and press a bit harder til it fits in its place.

16. Sgt-mike-larry

Sgt-mike-larry Well-Known Member

This would have to be one of my favourite figures.... with less than favourite functions, you will probably find this with the new preview bumble bee and i think recon bumble bee from the revenge of the fallen line.

It seems to me that the wheel's and doors at the front end need to be slightly pulled out just keep your eye on how the gears are crunching under the door as sometimes they like to just get pinned on another section of the figure that wishes to just get in the way...
    I'm just a bumble bee sucker love em ive got one of these in bot mode one in car and one still in bubble blister.... Glad ones still packaged for that reason!