Movie 2 and 3 VS TF Animated Movie to DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by hockeygamer40, May 1, 2008.

1. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

yes i agree completely we are lucky bay made the transformers movie i mean what if we got j.j abrams to do the movie then it be people running around with a camera and only glimpses of the transformers themselves and by the end you would be so natious because of the camera bouncing you would throw up in the isle people please try to see the bright side of things

2. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    to be fair, this IS in the movie forum, so the OP is sorta asking for it. i would never have responded to a thread like this in the animated forum because you won't find me in the animated forum. ever.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Never Ever?

4. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ok, maybe i was in there once. for about 2 or 3 seconds.

5. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The movie and films like it are strange in that most of them are rated PG-13 but have toys marketed to children of 5+ years old. It's a bit of a contradiction. That being said, the movie is rated PG-13 and one should expect to see PG-13 material in there.

6. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Cloverfield is one movie he produced, he didn't direct it so you can't compare him to Bay since they have different jobs. If you look at the films Abrams has produced you'll find that only 1 of those films has the "shakey cam". So unless you think every movie Abrams does from here on out is going to have that asthetic, you should probably do a little research before making a fairly offbase generalization of the man's work.

7. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

Completely disagree with the thread here. I don't believe for a second that Michael Bay would give up making the other two movies (if there are only two) into animated straight to DVD sequels. To me that would be a waste of time and money. And whichever big company owns the franchise would be severely pissed. There are roughly 800,000,000 reasons why they wouldn't.

The movie was too successful. Plan on more live action Transformer movies ppl.

8. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I second that. Unless the next movie gets remarkably better in giving our favorite characters a sole I may go out of my way to make sure I dont see it. The only reason why I saw the first one and bought the dvd was its been 20 years since I was kid wanting to see a movie like this but in the end it just felt really shallow. Id rather not go through that twice if thats the case for number 2 or 3.

Animated on the other hand feels like transformers and even more so is really well done. Honestly I would rather a live action TFA (understandable contradiction) than another abomination of script that we got in 2007.

EDIT " there are quite a few things done right in the movie like blackout's reveal and barricade as well but there is to much trying to be differant for the sake of being differant it misses key elements to what makes Tranformers more than just a toy line. If there was no mythos and character development would we care about this stuff ?? The movie false short in many cases and the dialog is cheesy and feels forced at all times with no real emotion hence no character developement. Fix that and you fix the movie"

9. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

The OP never said anything about Bay's next movies being animated. He said he'd rather buy the Animated straight-to-DVD movie than watch the Bay sequels.

I liked the movie for the most part, but not as any kind of canonical TF flick. The lack of Decepticon characterisation (and some of the Autobot characterisation) put me off, as well as the toilet/mastubation etc gags, which might have worked better if they didn't feel so forced in. I daresay I'll be seeing the sequels.

I haven't heard anything up till now about a DVD Animated movie, but it sounds interesting.

10. Ace96

Ace96 Well-Known Member

Could not have said it better myself!!!