Mountain Dew Transform Your Summer Winnings

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by WheelJacksWrkShp, Oct 8, 2007.

1. WheelJacksWrkShp

WheelJacksWrkShp Here goes nothin'

I Looked and haven't seen a thread started on this so if there is one I am sorry for starting a new thread. However I got my winnings over the weekend and received 3 Optimus Prime Pepsi Convoys'. This is great because I have never won anything before and I always believed these things to be scams. Well here are some pictures for proof. I only picture two because one is on display and these two I have not decided what to do with. I don't need three.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Any chance on you selling me one? :D 

Need to hear my sob story as to why I couldn't win one first?

3. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Yah sell those bad boys!or atleast one

4. WheelJacksWrkShp

Worth the consideration. Any Idea what they would be worth?

5. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    You can buy them from different online places for around $25, and I was told by a few members here not to pay more than that.

I could've gotten one at the comic convention I went to in August, but the guy wanted $40 for it (even though he agreed with me when I said I can find it for $25 on eBay). :redface2: 

If only I had had internet access the day I got my gamepiece (which just so happened to be the final day of the contest)... :cry 

6. WheelJacksWrkShp

lol last day huh. I was pluggin them in at my local library and work. Just when ever I got the chance.

Yeah I just looked at ebay and the cheapest buy now price was $39.99. I don't know I might send them off to be afa graded. The boxes are in good condition. Only a little color loss on the corners and and slight wave to the plastic window. I'm sure from being stacked. I have never had anything afa graded before cus I can't keep anything in the box but with multiples I think it will be easier plus I have never sold off part of my collection since I have started again from my total loss in college.

7. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    I got the game piece from work's vending machine...but the computers here blocked the website we had to enter the codes on. :cry 

$40? Jeez...well, when people were first starting to get them in the mail, they were $25. G*dd*m**t. :redface2: 

8. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Is the one you have on display opened? If not, I would say open one of the remaining two and sell the other one to Tenime. He seems to really want one!

9. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

I don't know if I'd AFA these or not. These seem like a novelty toy; kinda like Ultimate Bumblebee. I'd sell the extras if I were you.

10. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

11. WheelJacksWrkShp

Devilzfan
    Sorry I didn't think that thread was appropriate cuz of 9 pages of "I haven't gotten anything yet."

Rend,
    Its been my experience that the novelty items bring in the most because they are overlooked or passed up. If I am not mistaken thats why Mail Order Reflector is worth more than, I went out and bought it Reflector. Its the fact that some one actually made an effort to get him through the mail that makes him the novelty and rare. Where I agree Ultimate BB might never be a, high return value piece, mine will be worth more later on as more people turn their nose up at it now. Not that I ever plan on selling my stuff. Anyone can go to the big bad toy store and buy a Pepsi convoy for I think $60. I think it's the one from the 90's but its already doubled its' value for retail. I don't know I could be wrong. I've never AFA graded anything before cuz I have never left anything in the box. These I can see leaving in the box, plus I am out of room for non-dimensional display pieces.

12. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did not win but I bought one on ebay for $25 so I guess I got lucky on price.

13. TENIME_art

Ebay:
    :D  Thanks for the plug, NW! :thumb 

14. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    For those who have won these,(lucky so-and-so's). How are they delivered? USPS, UPS, DHL Fedex? Has anyone actually seen a deliveryperson? I just wanna know who to look for, cause it may well be a fat guy in a sled for all I know......

15. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So how many codes did you have to enter? I entered about 25 and won nothing... Fortunately I got 3 at Botcon this year so it's no big loss.

16. WheelJacksWrkShp

I did not see who delivered them but my wife did. However she didn't say who? I think it was just US Post Office. I think I entered in 89 or 98 I can't remember which but I do know I entered in like 52 all in one day. I spent my time collecting these to look at which days were the slowest in number count and entered my bulk of codes on a predicted slow cap count day. Seemed to work.

17. nectarsis

nectarsis I have ZAZZZZZZZZZ

LMAO...saw the postman pull up and get a box out of the trunk (USPS). Now I am waiting for a few packages (trades from here, and other boards). I see the box...hm..must be for my fiance, or sister inlaw seeing as it is WAY to small for any of the packages I am waiting for....I grab it, not looking. Take it inside, my fiance asks who's it is. I look...it's for me...see who it's from, and start ROFL. She looks at me funny. IT IS A MINTY FRESH PEPSI PRIME!!! I figured I wasn't getting anything. I put in like 30-40 codes, and the contest has been over for what 2 months. This made my day :) 

18. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HUH?

How did you know?!