Mould degredation on City Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Phoenix Blaze, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I'm hoping to buy the City Commander re-issue at the end of the year, and I just had a though, this is now the 4th, maybe 5th version of the mould, surely some degredation has occured?

City Commader
    Shadow Commander
    Powered Convoy
    Botcon one?
    City Commander re-issue.

The main reason I want the re-issue is for the launchers and the new gun but I do worry that it'll be inferior quality opposed to the previous editions.

Can anyone comment on this? Does the Powered Convoy set have any issues?

2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    well given that all 5 have been small limited runs id think there wouldn't be much degradation on the molds as they aren't cranking these things out in has/tak quantities. That said i have no idea how these garage companies make their molds. someone more in the know would be able to better help you

3. Computer5

Computer5 Well-Known Member

I actually own 3 out of the 4 commander armors made so far and here's my take:

CC - Perfect
    SC - Some of the tabs were loose
    TFCON - Never got it
    PC - Perfect

So maybe they made new molds after TFCON or something?

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    powered commander (tfcon) had no issues, FansProject says that they destroy the molds after every run of the figure and make new ones to make sure there is no mold degradation (which seems silly to me unless they are using a little cheaper materials for their molds) but with CC and SC they were different molds (screw holes and inner posts added) SC the run was about 1000 and PC the run was only 500, DIAC, not sure on the run size, so they aren't big runs at all, i wouldn't worry about it
    EDIT:
    they had said that they destroyed the molds after TFcon, so maybe that was the only time

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    ah did not know they remade molds, which sounds a bit wasteful to me id think with the small runs they would get alot of use before they noticed and issues with the mold

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    same here, but it's in the thread that they announced the DIA commander during their rebuttal to the outcry i think

7. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Well this is fairly reassuring. Thanks for the info.

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Holy crap! The headline scared me with "mould". I was thinking that the City Commander gets mouldy over time. I was like WHAT!

9. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol!

Yeah, I wouldn't be worried with FP. They've always make quality stuff. I have the DIA Power Commander set that recently released and the only problem I had with it is that one shoulder was lose. That wasn't even the armor's problem but the actual Classics Prime mold. The hole where they stick the screw was slightly larger than the other side, so all I did was fill it in with a bit of glue and it's now perfect.

10. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have all four, the only problem is with TFcon commander (assembly error in one of the shoulder tabs).

11. Megablah

Megablah Likes Universe Galvatron Veteran

News Credits:
    If you are only interested in the Launchers and new gun, you can buy them separately. Big Bad Toy Store has them here:Link

12. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought the re-issue of the City Commander will have some slight structural differences to things like the forearm pieces, legs, ect... to make it more sturdy. At least I could sworn I read that.