MOTU price check...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Lumpy, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    okay, so ive got a complete loose collection and im talking about the newer 4 horsemen series....how much are the figures going for these days? the only thing i have sealed is SDCC Keldor...are any figures really all that rare or worth more? i was thinking most figures would probably sell for 5 bucks each, but wanted to double check first...

2. Hoolagrin

Hoolagrin Wheelie Rules! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know teela and evil lynn usually go for 15+ loose & complete, but the others I'm not sure about. ebay says there is not too much demand. A lot went for $55 on the 29th ( 4 loose, 2 carded) so you may get lucky.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    thanks man...i'll probably be adding these to my sell thread by next week...

4. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I don't know how much Keldor is going for these days, but I'd be interested in it for a good price, perhaps. Loose figures don't seem to sell unless they're in lots.

5. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I might be interested in a couple. If you post up a list, here or in your sale thread, I'll take a look and let you know.

6. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

be VERY careful about moving keldors hands. I thought I was turning one of his hands, but the peg was staying stationary, and all I was doing was twisting the hand. as you can imagine, the hand started to tear away from the peg that was holding it in :( 

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    if i do decide to sell them, i'll pm people who have posted in this thread and let you know. though one person has already expressed interest in buying the whole collection, so once i here back from him i'll let you all know whats up...

8. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

I don't think they are worth much, to be honest. Lets face it, the series was aborted before its time and as such, its an incomplete line. I have a bunch of these and I to was thinking of getting rid of them. The most valuable figure I have is a sealed Faker somewhere in my uncles attic. Shame the four horsemen series died so quickly. I really wanted to get that Sorceress figure they had displayed as a prototype. I don't understand why Mattel gives the ok for the four horsemen to make statues but not let them make new figures? Sorry, but I think having statues replace figures kind of well...sucks.

9. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are still a few that usually bring in decent $$, Teela, Evil-Lyn, Roboto and esp. the exclusives - Mossman, Faker, Snake Teela & She-Ra. Snake Armor He-Man was never released in the US so he still fetches quite a penny.

Let me know if you post them as there are a few I'm still looking for myself.

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i listed all my heman figures, check my sales thread...

still not sure i want to even sell them, but i havent had them displayed in almost 4 years, which is probably a sign and i'm only not wanting to sell them because they are totally awesomely sculpted....

11. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I was just checking e-bay a few minutes ago looking to see how much Snake Armor He-Man was. I never heard anything about him not being released in the US before but he was. I found one at a store called Fred's, a store much like Dollar General or Family Dollar, that operates in the Southeast. I bought all my Snake Men Heroes figures from them (Man-At-Arm, Zodak, Roboto, Snake Armor He-Man, Battle Fist aka Fisto although I passed on Mekaneck, Snake Hunter He-Man, and I think Stratos (who I had from the pre-Snake Men release)). I first found them in a Fred's in Fitzgerald GA, much to my surprise and delight, but saw them at several Fred's in my toy hunting area. Fred's is also were I found my two Evil-Lyn figures and the only store were I saw her although several Fred's stores had her in my area.

Edit: The reason I was surprised to find the Snake Men figures was because it was a year or two after the series ended that I found them plus I never saw them at retail before that time.

12. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you found a Snake Armor He-Man in the US then it's the first I've heard of it. Then again, Fred's is more like a close out seller than a traditional retail seller so they could have easily bought surplus from Mattel or something along those lines. He still fetches good money on-line though regardless.

13. Deathx360

News Credits:

I wasn't too sure how hard the figure was to find at the time I bought it. I should have known it was very rare since I never saw any of the Snake Men figures at retail other than Fred's. BBTS didn't carry too many Snake Men figures (although I bought 2 Snake Crush Skeletor figures, the repaint of Two Bad, Kobra Khan, and King Hsss form them) and I don't recall them selling Snake Armor He-Man. If I had thought it through I would have bought a second to keep carded, yes I opened the one I have. I'm not too sure if I saw it a second time though but I did see Fisto, Man-At-Arms, Snake Hunter He-Man, and a few others a few times at Fred's.

When I found the figures it was at the end of Energon. I had bought an Energon Starscream (the repaint) and it had a stiff right arm. I passed on getting a second one for some time but bought it at Fred's when I found the Snake Armor He-Man figure and the other figures. If I remember right that was around Spring 2005.

I have no regrets opening it though. I never got to display it like I wanted to since I had put up my Masters figures a long time ago but with the new DVD out and since I'm going to have a bigger room soon I may pull them back out soon.

14. flywheels

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I personally love the figure and I don't regret having one opened either. Makes a great display piece w/ the other Snakemen figures. Too bad his sword is so freakin' large that it prohibits certain poses though.

15. Deathx360

News Credits:

That's true. The sword is more like a club than a sword because of the opening gimmick. I was disappointed that I wouldn't find one after the toy line started to die because I liked the way the armor looks. I'm glad I was able to find one even if it was a few years later. It is such an awesome piece. It is a shame that the figure is so rare because every modern He-Man fan should have one.

Too bad the other Snake Men, some of the Evil Warriors, and the Horde weren't released as figures. I know a lot of them were made as status, or statactions if I have the term right, but they cost too much for me and I like plastic better.