MotU fans: Royalt1us' 4th Annual Fan-Based Character Contest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RavageX-9, Dec 22, 2008.

1. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    They're MotU fan-characters.
    (uh, MotU is He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, in case you're not a MotU fan or familiar with that )

This annual contest is a popularity contest where the winners of successive rounds get their character redrawn in B&W by Royalt1us, then colored drawings, and the grand winner gets their character sculpted by him, reproduced, and sold to the other forum members! It's pretty fantastic. I wish we had that kind of contest for Transformers.
    Also, keep in mind that often there is no additional information or pictures of a character shown in the thread. While there typically is elsewhere in the forum, it's up to other people to submit additional material. That's why sometimes a character isn't as interesting when you're just going off of one picture.
    One day I'd like to enter my character... when I can design her good enough to present in public... :( 

This year they're all going to be really quick, 2-3 days each.
    We could REALLY do with more voters this year! Voting turn-out is really low. I don't know if it's the time of year or what. Normally we get over 100 votes, and we're down to half that.

edit: currently poll 4 is up and ends Xmas eve! Dec 25th at 12:17am Eastern.
    (currently in the lead is Wraptor, followed closely by Unicra, and lagging in third is Recoil and Caught-N-Mouth)

[​IMG]

Ended polls:

Poll 1 winner: To-Ro
    Poll 1 runner-up: Baena

[​IMG]
    Poll 1 winner: To-Ro
    Poll 1 runner-up: Baena

Poll 2 winner: Ink-Shot
    Poll 2 runner-up tie (run-off poll): Terror-Mite and Uniquor

[​IMG]
    Poll 2 winner: Ink-Shot
    Poll 2 runner-up tie (run-off poll): Terror-Mite and Uniquor