MOTU Classics

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Reeds, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no logical explanation for this, but to me, that Skeletor is a must have figure. He's my favorite MOTU villain. I paid $110 for a loose but complete one as a spare. I guess prices have gone up considerably since I made that purchase.

2. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Did anyone here buy the Power-Con exclusive Chopper and/or Uncle Montork/Dree Elle? I reluctantly passed on the Trollans because the stands are prone to break at the ball due to them being too tight of a fit to the figures. But I am holding on to a Chopper on BBTS. What do you guys think of him? Is he worthwhile purchase or a pass?

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    And that was one of the major factors in why I quit this line and I'm glad the last figure I wanted, Buzz Saw Hordak was such a delight; I got him from eBay for less then it would've cost me to get it from Mattel and it turned out to be my favorite iteration of MOTUC Hordak in hand.

The hoop jumping, high prices, and assorted related issues were just too much for me in the hands of Mattel; I wish Super7 the best, but they just didn't make it easier.

4. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I don’t have mine yet but I am deeply regretting not getting Dree and Montork.

5. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I grabbed all 3 power con figures from BBTS. They should have been delivered on Saturday, but I re-routed my box to a local facility for pick up since I didn't want to leave a $700+ box on my porch. It caused a delay and I can't pick up the box until tomorrow.

6. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I would have paid 100 if the box was crushed but the contents inside was mint. Your turn.....;) 

7. Sportimus

News Credits:
    I have yet to get Buzz Saw Hordak. Passed on that one when first released. He's grown on me quite a bit since then. Looks cool.

I had Dree-Elle and Uncle Montork but gave it up on BBTS because of the breakage issues and weak arm joints. But they do look freaking cool. The heads cannot be swapped with Orko because the ball joints are of a different size, fyi.

Argh! Spikor played too much with my emotions. I kind of regret not snagging him when I had the chance. Both he and Chopper appeared only once on the original animated series, so it was such a tough call on both. They sold out fast on Saturday at Power-Con.

8. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    retail was more than 400.00 with shipping wasn't it?

9. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    I'm glad I'm a moc collector so My pain is getting damage cards. I use bbts for collectors grade. So much less stress.

Cool! I remember back then I sold my greyskull and could even begets 300.00 for it misb. lol. Are you going to open your collection when it worths more? :eek: 

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2018
  10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Finally got to open a few of the latest figures. Opened Mer-Man, Granita and Karg. WC seems decent! The plastic is much closer to Mattel’s, somewhat matte and rubbery (thank goodness they ditched the shiny, hard plastic of last year’s PowerCon three-packs). I don’t like the painted gloves on Mer-Man, only because I managed to scrape off some of the paint while trying to get a weapon into his hand. Areas like that that are subject to friction shouldn’t be painted, I feel, but just molded in their color. But overall, these are feeling good to me... more in line with the Mattel figures.

11. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

I was in the 350 or so frontier. I dont think it was 400 ever. It was even at a deep discount for Black Friday in 2013 or 2012, going for 180.

12. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Castle Greyskull was $250 plus shipping. Shipping was around $50. But if you ordered four, shipping was only something like $75 for all four together.
    Masters of the Universe Classics Castle Grayskull Pre-Orders Begin Today! | The Fwoosh

I do remember it dropping to $180 during a sale though. I also remember thinking how funny it was that people expected Mattel to do a Snake Mountain after so many had backed out of their Castle Greyskull preorders and let it go to clearance.

This hobby breaks my heart sometimes. I took that Skeletor to NJCC back in March. Going rate was already over $125. I was asking for $200 with Evil Lyn, Beast Man, and Clawful or $100 alone. So I had this guy come up and dither a few times. In between those episodes, I sold off an extra Hordak I had from the Super7 wave. The last time he came back, on the second day, he was upset that I had sold the Hordak and suddenly wasn't interested in anything but Skeletor. He hands me a $100 bill, I hand him the box, and he sneers "oh, it's ruined, I don't want this" as if he couldn't see the rip that I made absolutely no effort to hide up to this point.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  13. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Figured are open and were displayed, but then I moved. Before I got the chance to display them (along dcuc) the MP, SWBS, and ML collections blew up leaving little room for more than one or two of favorites.

It's just castle I've never opened for lack of real room and with so many larger TFs now, don't know if I'll ever have the space.

14. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Ruh-Roh. Looks like QC is kind of all over the board with regards to Wave 2 Filmation/Club Grayskull Sorceress, Tung-Lashor, Man-E-Faces, and Mer-Man. Mer-Man and Man-E-Faces seem to be the better of the 4 overall. This is early reporting, though. The set with Dial-A-Mug seems to have better QC. Again, this is early QC reports at this point. It pains me to post this, but I prefer to reports facts than be some punk living a lie.

I hope they make a Filmation Ram Man and at least 1 more hero and I am calling it done unless S7 gets this line corrected at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Bad QC on Sorceress? Come on...it's the only one I ordered from this wave! Can't say I have any interest in playing Russian Roulette at $50 a pop (bang).

16. PlatypusRhyme

PlatypusRhyme Well-Known Member

I received my set of four Filmation figures the other day. I haven't noticed any problems with mine so far, nothing was stuck or floppy (Sorceress' shoulder could have been tighter), and no glaring paint issues that I noticed off the bat. I wish The Sorceress' face was like the prototype, but I think I can fix it with some paint. Merman's pupils could have been a tad larger as well. Super7 also sent a new replacement head for Triclops, which I wasn't expecting, and since I was never able to get the visor unstuck, it's a welcome addition.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sportimus

News Credits:
    Just remember that this is NOT an issue for every figure. So you can still get a very nice one with no QC issues. However, QC issues do exist. Some reported are:

- Knee joint cracking.
    - Missing paint apps.
    - Loose ankles.
    - Zoar being difficult to peg onto the perch.

She's also a bit on the short side. I'm not sure why? That doesn't bother me, though.

Other various reported issues so far:

- Lashor's neck and shoulders cracking.
    - Man-E-Faces having one leg longer than the other
    - Some weapons cannot be held very well on some figures.
    - Some minor sloppy paint apps on Mer-Man.

Again, you may very well get a great copy and not have any issues. No one knows just how widespread this is yet.

On the plus side, Dial-A-Mug seems to be just fine.

18. mac&cheese

News Credits:
    I hope they put some love in the new vintage line and make it as big as the classics with all vintage art packages. We need so many characters, beast, and vehicles there. I slowed down on the classics and eventually stopped when I went into statues collecting because of space. Now I saw the vintage line and I'm definitely getting all of those. I will keep a few from classics though.

19. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    From the few videos I've seen I'm kinda glad i didn't order any of these figures. I'm in for dial a mug but I'm gonna pass on sorceress and man-e-faces.

20. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

That's about the most excitement you'll get from this line now though. Haha!