MOTU Classics

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Reeds, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Classics isn't really done. Anything Super 7 releases under their Ultimate banner or their Fan's Choice banner is part of the Classics line. Fangor, Hawke, Quakke and Lodar are all part of the Fan's Choice subline of Classics so they're still Classics style (as someone else said more detail than the Filmation style). We don't know if we'll be getting more Ultimate releases currently as Super 7 has stated it'll depend on sales. Earliest we'll hear about more figures is probably is at SDCC.

• Like Like x 1
  2. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    at least it was 16 bucks per figure haha

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So that comes out to about $7.50 per figure rounding up? Still not bad. Wonder why shipping was cheaper on the Ultimate releases?

4. PlatypusRhyme

PlatypusRhyme Well-Known Member

The shipping was so expensive bc they're shipping priority 2-day. I don't understand why they can't just ship regular priority.

5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Thanks. I guess I'll cross my fingers for more Ultimates. It is tempting to go buy the classics that have already been released, but patience will probably be the wiser decision. Maybe I can add the Ram Man to help out the Ultimates line. :) 

EDIT: Haha! Ram Man is the only one who is already sold out at BBTS. Just my luck. LOL. Why is he orange? Wasn't the toy and the toon both more of a red color or am I just not remembering correctly?

EDIT 2: Does "Club Greyskull" mean Filmation design?

6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    OK, so shipping a set of 4 is "only" $30. Better than $60 but still 30% higher than my non-commercial rate. Curve is very gradual with additional figures.

4 - $29 - avg 7.25
    5 - $37 - avg 7.40
    6 - $43 - avg 7.17
    7 - $48 - avg 6.86
    8 - $52 - avg 6.50
    9 - $57 - avg 6.33

Screw it, it was just easier to do singles through BBTS.

7. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Huh. Weird. You'd think they'd offer multiple shipping options.

As far as Ram Man goes, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe I read that those colors were based on his appearance in the mini-comics.

Yes, I believe Club Grayskull is what Mattel called their subscription for their first wave of Filmation figures in the Filmation style last year (He-Man, Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Beast Man, Evil Seed, Evil Lynn and Clawful). Most likely because a year or so prior they had used the term Filmation Series for a subscription service of Filmation original characters (think characters like Icer, Vultak or Sea Hawk) in the Classics style.

8. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Priority Mail is 1-3 days and the USPS decides whether it's 3-day, 2-day, or 1-day. Most things are 2-day. 3 day is worst case scenario (long distance + remote post office) and 1-day means that the addresses are really close to each other. There is no option to pick which speed you want, it's calculated automatically.

So, it's the same shipping as the Ultimates. When I get my Ultimates, I'm sure the label will say Priority 2-day.

9. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shipping is more than expected due to limited shipping option, I hope they offer more options. I would think UPS ground is cheaper but it's their choice. $47 for both sets seems a bit excessive, it was def more economical with ultimates.

10. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yeah, it doesn't seem like a great system. And they'd definitely rather have folks attend than just order the exclusives on their own (which is totally understandable, they want to promote the show). Maybe one of these days I'll make it down there... but in the meantime, I really just want the figures, and don't care too much about attending the show. :) 

11. Sirtank

Sirtank Well-Known Member

I stumbled on a case of the Loyal Subjects figures only missing 1 box at Target today. It was a Target that I don't think was on the list of stores that were carrying these. I ended up buying 12 boxes. I got;
    Man at Arms X2
    He-man X2
    Teela X2
    Trap Jaw
    Red Beastman
    Stratos
    Skeletor
    Man E Faces
    Chase Skeletor

Would have liked to have found the yellow Tri clops, but I think I'm done buying the first series guys at this point. I've got an army of extras I should try selling.

12. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like S7 added standard shipping now, $16 for everything is pretty good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    As bad as I want the filmation wave and the 2 middle figures of the other set I just can't. I talked it over with my woman and she had good points. The first is, it's just a little more than her and I want to spend and then suffer food wise from the expensive purchase you can't eat. Plus she was telling me she was tired of the crap matty collector was doing and she was glad that it ended doesn't want to live through another hell hole of debt.I want to collect transformers so if I find a few of those S7 figures then it would be cool.

• Like Like x 2
  14. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I guess I'll wait for eBay to get Fangor

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I pre-ordered the Super 7 Filmation set of 4 for $189. Paying about $46 per figure kind of sucks at this point. I don't want to pay up front either. But I am happy to see that we're getting Filmation Teela, Man-At-Arms, Tri-Klops (YES!), and a proper Hordak. Now all that remains for me is:

- Filmation Mer-Man
    - Filmation Prince Adam
    - Filmation Ram-Man (short, not the big Classics one)
    - Filmation Cringer and Orko

I'd also like to see Super 7 and the 4H rework the Sorceress by redesigning her wings. I'd like to see her based on Shadow Weaver's cape design with the soft plastic/vinyl and more natural looking. I don't care if they do it under the FIlmation or Classics line.

And I truly hope S7 has not forgotten about the 200X MOTU figures that haven't been done yet, like:

200X He-Man
    200X Teela
    200X Evil-Lyn (for real this time)
    200X Skeletor

Man, there is still a lot of life left in MOTU. :) 

16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Well, I used some insta-grow on my MOTU Classics collection. :) 

I have nothing in hand yet, but I have a bunch on the way. I am not sure about how I will do the whole the toon vs toy thing. The Filmation versions all being cheaper (except He-Man and Skeletor) made the decision easy. Pluss they look very good. I think this will all work together. Here's what I have ordered... or have preordered

Heros
    He-Man (pre-order Ultimates)
    Teela (pre-order Ultimates)
    Man-At-Arms (pre-order Filmation)
    Orko and Prince Adam (Classics)
    Stratos (Classics)
    Hawke (pre-order Classics)

Villians
    Skeletor (preorder Ultimates)
    Evil Lyn (Classics)
    Evil Lyn (Filmation) couldn't decide :) 
    Trap Jaw (Filmation)
    Beast Man (Filmation)
    Mer-Man (Classics)
    Tri-Clops (pre order Filmation)
    Fangor (preorder Classics)

These are the ones I'm still missing and considering adding in the future. Any others you highly recommend or are anticipating with vigor? :)  . I am especially wondering about any other small vehicles that might be cool or just any really cool characters or figures I am missing.

*** The Sorceress - hopefully waiting for Ultimates
    *** Zodac
    *** Man-E-Faces
    *** Ram Man
    *** Eternia Guard 2 pack
    *** Wind Raider
    *** Battle Cat
    *** Panthor

EDIT: I just saw Shadow Weaver and thought that looked cool so I went to go look up the cost. Yikes! Ultimate version please!

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  17. offrampclimber

offrampclimber Tree Fiddy

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Plundor, Batros and Huntara are some of my favorite villain figures. Ridiculous Filmation designed characters that translated well into Classics.

18. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Thanks! I'll look them up. :) 

19. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Plundor is a purple rabbit!?! LOL.

The other two look pretty cool. I don't know if I am ready for purple rabbit man though. :D 

Last edited: May 10, 2017
  20. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, I'm with you on Plunder and Batros! Awesome stand-alone villains. I was never a fan of Huntara but I understand she is quite popular and she does have a good design to her.

No. Plunder is an EVIL purple rabbit. Plunder The Spoiler is an evil rabbit seeking riches and appeared in the Filmation MOTU episode "Quest for He-Man" and was a villain in another dimension and world where he drained the energy from the planet and polluted EVERYTHING. He every environmentalist's worst nightmare. Tree huggers beware! He's actually a pretty good action figure. I liked it so much I have one open and one MOSC. It's because he's so weird looking that makes him awesome to me. He's the Easter Bunny from Hell, and I love that! Bathos is awesome too. Both are part of my Filmation MOTU collection. Here's a video review of him, courtesy of Pixel Dan:

• Like Like x 1