Non-TF: MOTU-Bloks Several Figures

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mwm, Oct 11, 2017.

1. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

I was going to just tack this onto my Man-E-Faces thread, but it was already pic intense, so I thought I better do a new one, hope that's okay:

We've had a rainy week, so I wasn't doing any work outside in my down time, allowing me to do a lot of customizing. First, I'll show the figure I was just finishing up when I saw the news about the next wave of Mega Construx figures:

I was making a Teela, and when I went online to get some more reference pics, I saw that wave 2 will have a Teela, so I stopped on this one. I like the looks of their Teela much more than mine. Oh well, that's the way it goes.
    [​IMG]

Next, I made a Scareglow, The Ghost of Skeletor (I always loved the ambiguity of that title):
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next is a character of my own. I took cues from the Windraider box art character that people call "Warrior in Red" as well as Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer to make this guy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up is Too Bad. I'm not completely sold on the harness, but I really like the way the heads look, especially since Blue is a major resculpt and Purple is a scratch-made. I really doubt we see this guy from MB, so he'll probably stay in my collection:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mekanek - not too pleased with his harness, either, and his helmet's a bit soft, but he'll work for me. Getting the neck gimmick in there was important to me, so I spent more time on that than I did the sculpting:
    [​IMG]
    Neck down:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zodac - I really hope MB gives us a proper version of this guy, because I'm not too pleased with him at all. He'll work in the background, but that's about it. The helmet wound up too big, the harness doesn't look right, and the laser pistol is comical. He'll stay in my collection until we get a proper one or I decide to tackle the character again. Luckily, the harness is removable, so I could reuse the body if I wanted.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

scareglow.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. 3+1 Team

3+1 Team Well-Known Member

These are so much fun to look at. I can't even imagine working on something at this scale, so good on ya for going the distance! Do you have any more characters planned for the future?

3. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm hoping to do the full ~60 figure run, then maybe a play set to display them.

4. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are great!

5. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

Thanks!

6. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Looking good. One question: where did you see the wave 2 figures online? I love my He-Man and Skeleton and have been searching for news of future releases but I can't find anything.

7. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

Suntzu (I think) on joecustoms posted pics and info. Don't remember who all was in it, but the MOTU figures are Teela and Beastman.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

Finally found a pic. Looks pretty good. Love the first two on my desk and can't wait for more.
    Now if only they could get the rights to do some TF minis or Thundercats, my inner child would just dance for joy. Hell my adult self would dance for joy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

TFs would be cool but won't happen since Mega is a Mattel company. I just wish Hasbro would have done something more like this with their Kreo line instead of the stretched Lego figure look that went with.

• Like Like x 2
  10. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

Thundercats would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'd want 2012 Thundercats, too.