Non-TF: MOTU-Bloks Man-E-Faces

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by mwm, Oct 2, 2017.

1. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

Human... Robot... Monster... This hero had the ability to change his face in the original toy, and I wanted my MB scaled one to be the same. It took a while to track down parts to do it, but I stumbled across a knock-off brick toy barrel in an order from Sirtoys that looked ideal to me. From it, Man-E-Faces was born.
    Figure is made from a Movie TMNT Donatello, the barrel, a CoD head with faces sculpted on, a piece of styrene rod, April O'Neill blaster, and a lot of Ave's FixIt sculpting.
    The barrel:
    [​IMG]

After trimming the barrel down and testing how it looks on the torso:
    [​IMG]

Assembled:
    [​IMG]

Finished product:
    Human:
    [​IMG]

Robot:
    [​IMG]

Monster:
    [​IMG]

From the back (I noticed too late the hose had detached. I repaired it after this picture was taken):
    [​IMG]

I need to work up a solid backdrop to take photos in front of because my phone keeps trying to focus on the background instead of the figure, even when I set the figure as the focal point manually. Anyway, enjoy!

s1vyvCB.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Damn dude, that turned out great!

3. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

Thanks! I really hope Mattel/Mega Bloks gives us more MOTU figures, and maybe a Castle Greyskull and Snake Mountain (I think those two would be okay in brick form, but I don't want brick vehicles), but if not, I hope they keep giving me fodder to use for customs.

4. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

They already showed a mock up of Greyskull a few years ago to see if there was any interest. Looked pretty good too! I still have my Greyskull from when the reboot came out awhile back. Got it pretty cheap at dollar general too of all places. That works good enough for me since it scales better with this size of figure (minus the turret). Snake Mountain would be really cool!

5. mwm

mwm Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw the mock-up, but since they've not said anything about it since, I'm not counting on anything until I actually see it. I wish I could've snagged one of those Greyskulls from the reboot. I may just have to make my own, I guess.

6. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Very well done.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Awesome work! Clever use of the extra parts to make him.

• Like Like x 1