MOTU 2002 question...

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Razorclaw, Jan 28, 2007.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    oh, by the way razorclaw, I have extras of a couple of figures if you're interested: mekanek, whiplash, and the regular battlecat.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, what an irony! The demise of the MOTU can be fully attributed to Mattel's packing ratio and marketing strategy...they literally followed their "Barbie" strategy and gave us a zillion He-mans and Skeletons...arghhh

The quality of the toys are good and I'm still cheesed that we never got to see the Horde! Bah!

3. DeathFrogurt

DeathFrogurt The frogurt is cursed!

I was way into MOTU figures 'til I practically completed the line. There are a few HTF figures like Evil-Lyn, Roboto, and Snake Armor He-Man missing, but without even reruns or a DVD of the show, I've lost the MOTU fever.

Anyhow, to track some down I'd check:
    BBTS (check regularly)
    toyrocket.com (for a Rattlor hookup)
    and of course Ebay.

Hate to say it, but stay away from Bill's Toys & Games. I ordered a Rattlor six months ago and I'm still waiting for it.

Millionaire Playboy has some good reviews. http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/motu.php
    Get some Snakemen!

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

My HM collection

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and this guy

[​IMG]

5. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have to say, they really did a good job with the character designs.

so good, you think, yeah! these are just like the old school one! then you look at the old school ones, oh shit, those were crap.

6. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm really wishing I kept those Cy-Klone and Teela figs now...

Damn, the original was my favorite toy series as a kid.. only missed out on the Eternia and Snake mountain playsets as a kid.

Is that She-Ra Fig hard to find now?

7. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
  8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude the eternia playset was frickin mind blowing.

it. had. its. own. monorail. system o_O 

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    You aren't kidding! I still have ALL my original He-mans in a huge box along with my castles and vehicles. Pieces might be missing, but none are broken!

edit: Is that deluxe playset in the first post a custom or something?! I didn't know they made anything that huge!

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Heh... all this proves is that sometimes good things go unappreciated, while crap sells... however, it's still crap.

Nothing new... Bad mass-produced pop music and boobies sells more records than talented original artists. Good TV shows get canceled after 2 episodes, while mindless reality-TV drech poisons a whole culture.

Sometimes even, bad things happen to good people. The world sucks, doesn't it? :) 

zmog

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

That pic was orginally posted here back in May 06:

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/29844617/?qo=5&q=by%3A2-cents&qh=sort%3Atime+-in%3Ascraps

You can read what the artist says about it being, "actual pitch art for a possible new "Thunder cats" series that I did a while back for W.B. animation." There used to be a Mum-Ra he did as well but that seems to be gone now.

Now, as far as the MOTU figs go I only have the "statues" of Stinkor and Tung Lashor, they were always two of favorite figures as a kid. They don't move, but they look so awesome it doesn't matter. I plan on getting a few of the older guys I missed (Hordak, Clawful) and any new ones I like, sort of a "my best of" set. They are fantastic figures.

12. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Along with Teela and Sorceress (she's the hotness!!).

Yeah, I know what you mean. As a kid I used to think the old ones were great looking, now they look like dolls with Shwartzenegger proportions. Kinda silly lookin'.

This guy is great, excellent sculpt.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh man, when I see Whiplash, I can't help but feel so cheesed off with Mattel for screwing up the packing ratio for the series...

14. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    she-ra was actually really easy to find, and not too expensive either, especially considering she was a convention exclusive. I think I used bin for like $25 on ebay. the only thing is that she's basically a remold, as is evillyn, of teela.

15. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    As much as i hated the fact that the packing ratio was horrible, it did allow me to trade a sealed evil lynn for a sealed japenese reissue tracks.

16. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    yeah, I found a teela in a kaybee for $1.25, and decided to sell it on the bay since I already had one. someone bought it for $30 and then gave me $20 to ship it to spain. talk about a score.

by the way fellas, there was a seller from s.e. asia, I can't exactly remember where, that had a lot of the rarer figures, and with his combined shipping ended up being the cheapest place to get guys like roboto, general hiss, etc. I also managed to luck out and get the last wave in a case from bbts with a big sale.

17. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Wow, Evil Lyn is expensive on ebay. Was she really that rare?

18. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Yes.

I got one only because I saw it in a KB well after they were shutting down the line. I saw maybe one or two more there, but that was it.

The real bugger for completing the line, however, has been getting the Snakemen figures at retail. Never saw a single one and had to Ebay them.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i've got every original character, and need to start getting the statues, but havent had my heman stuff out in forever....if you're interested, im selling off my castle grey skull, and my slime monster pit. also may sell my exclusive keldor if the price is right. PM if youre interested.

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I managed to get my evil lyn for real cheap. I found someone on the heman.org message boards that had one for trade. what they wanted was some random anime figure that was like a hot topic exclusive or something. so I found it on ebay, and paid around $15 for it and had it shipped to the guy, and he sent me his evillyn. pretty sweet deal.