Motorstorm: Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by HeroicC300, May 4, 2011.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Once PSN gets back up, should I get this game? It seems awesome, but a lot would be unusable if I can't play online. Also, how much is all the DLC for it so far (Revelation pack, Carbon pack, the Lamborghini)?

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got it but I've been super busy so I'll spend some more time on it this weekend.

3. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Could you give me a review? Also, apparently one of the Big Rigs is a certain Black 4X4.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I haven't played it long enough to give you a complete review, but what I have played has been fun, and insane (as usual from this series). It is definitely tough, and the game throws a lot more junk at you, so it has a small learning curve. Graphically, it's beautiful, and look ridiculous in 3D. But even without it, there is a lot to see, even if it's moving too fast to see it.

There's a story mode, but I haven't played it yet.

5. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Thanks. Pacific Rift was fun, until you HAD to have the DLC to continue playing. And I like that the game is pretty without being too brown or grey.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only problem I have had is that, by the very nature of driving during a tornado storm, the game is a bit difficult because the debris, while cool-looking, really does cloud your view, and I've been having to learn to take it easy and not hold down the gas, otherwise I will run into a wall I didn't see. The AI is having trouble too, so it's not like they are driving perfectly.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This mother#@$$ing game has been the craziest-shit game I have played where the thing you control has wheels. And it freakin' rocks in 3D. I hit a guy during a mad rush to the beach (to escape the city falling apart) and he flew right out of the screen at me. Sparks and crap are flying everywhere. A huge bigfoot truck spun out of control and began to roll as it caught on fire, I drove right past it, and it seemed as if the flames were coming out of the screen. And I would appreciate that this is all fluff, but this shit can stop you on your tracks, so it makes it difficult to blink. Challenging as hell in some places, but extremely gratifying.