Motormaster homage in Predacons Rising

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by darthjawa, Apr 14, 2009.

1. darthjawa

darthjawa Transformer Hunter

Did anyone else see a truck that looked a lot like G1 Motormaster in the beginning of Predacons Rising? It was just before BB jumped off the bridge in front on Prime.

2. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

And what an unfair tease it is! I've wanted Animated Stunticons since it started, and then those Demon Racer cars in "Velocity" made me think they would make cool Stunticons, and Master Disaster's semi would've been a killer Motormaster, and now this!

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain. They're finally giving me Reflector, so I should thank the gods for that!

3. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    That was more of a G1 Prime homage. Yeah, the truck was blue, but the trailer was Prime's G1 trailer, minus the Autobot symbol.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    reflector? where?

5. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

his tech specs are in last TFCC magazine people said

6. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

there's going be a Animated Reflector?!?!

7. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, I mentioned it in the episode discussion thread when it aired. Not a proper nod to Motormaster I reckon, probably just a similar design from the vehicle model pack for the show and the dark cab and lines on the trailer just make it look Motormastery. More likely it was designed as a G1 Optimus homage to begin with but the colours get changed up whenever it shows to keep things fresh.

8. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

I read the topic as Motorhampster homage. As for me, I didn't notice it at all...I often miss all the references which is one thing I can thank the forums for. :) 

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If we can have an Optimouse Prime, I see no reason why we can't have a Motorhamster too. :) 

10. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

The homage is very G1 cartoon Reflector the only difference I was able to see between the three is that Viewfinder who is apparently the leader (I always thought Spyglass was the lens piece) has a circle in his chest the other 2 dont. Unfortunatly ive only been able to get a hold of black and white copies so I dont know if they have any colour differences but just based on how much they look like the G1 toon versions I expect they wont be different in colour at all sporting the purple, green and grey from the G1 toon.