Motormaster as an Optimus repaint

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rexidus, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In the thread talking about the Fansproject Menosaur someone mentioned that they really want the cab of Motormasters vehicle mode to be his feet, like in the G1 version.

I've always liked the idea of Motormaster being a repaint or retool of Optimus. Were the cab his feet he would tower over Optimus on his own. My sense of scale just doesn't like G1 Motormaster.

But I'm curious what others opinions are. What is your preferred method of doing Motormaster?

2. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I much prefer the G1 style transformation but yes it does pose a major scale issue. I liked how IDW handled MM in their comic series using more of a 5-ton cargo truck style vehicle which gave him a more G1 style look but kept him at a much more manageable size robot-wise.

3. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I Think I mostly just want my Motormaster(s) to not look like a direct repaint/remold/retool of Optimus Prime.

4. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    In fiction, I dislike repaint-characters (even "classic" ones like the Seekers), especially when they're repaints of prominent bots like Optimus. The robot modes often have a distinct personality to them; having two of the same design tends to look awkward, especially when the characters are completely different.

I think Motormaster being larger than Optimus would fit his persona.

5. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:

^^This ^^

And Motormaster scale should be based on vehicle mode when comparing to Prime. If his alt mode is similar in scale to Optimus' alt mode with a trailer. Then I don't have a problem with him being a bit bigger in robot mode because his transformation should include his trailer unlike Prime.

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I'd like it if he was an entirely new mold that ditched the trailer. Make him more like a dekotora or Energon Rodimus.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I don't see why MM should be a deco of Optimus...that's always done for Nemesis Prime. Motormaster's robot mode looks nothing like Optimus' anyway. It's like saying any Autobot car could be painted into any other Autobot car just because they're cars.

8. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I actually really like the G1 MM design with the cab feet. Of course scale is a problem if you do not count mass shifting. I also love what they did with MM for the Botcon set in that case i think it being Optimus worked especially with the g1 inspired head sculpt.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cab feet, hate the optimus repaints, i have a nemesis prime or seven i could repurpose if that was the case

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Agreed.

Yep. I especially am not keen on the Cybertron leader Optimus as Motormaster. I want Motormaster to have the cab on the feet, and at least some of the trailer for the torso and the arms. The other half of the trailer could be used for transforming combiner parts.

I also want a chestplate that transforms into a car :D 

11. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Cab feet and upper legs and it's possible to make him to scale with Classics Optimus - I did some sketches a while ago.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I'd personally like to see MM done as a pick up truck with the front end with an air intake being used to to give the look of his G1 feet but with a more classic style and better scale.

13. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I was one of the people who was displeased with BotCon Motormaster being a repaint of Optimus Prime. I still believe Wreck Gar's mold could've worked as a Motormaster if they could get the head to slide down the neck in robot mode.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guess I am a minority, though I wouldn't object to him being a new mold either as long as he does not have the cab feet or use the trailer in transformation. Homage-ing it is fine but I really don't want him to be drastically bigger than Optimus; that's what Menosour is for.

15. Irish Carnage

Irish Carnage Instrument of Destruction

News Credits:
    the cab feet are a must for me. it's an iconic feature of motormaster, it'd be like cliffjumper without the horns. i would settle for the cab being his entire lower body, basically the cab is his feet, legs and possibly his waist. the swivel point between the cab and trailer coudl be used for his waist swivel and the trailer would be from the waist up, the menasor components could housed in the trailer section that way motormaster wont be hugely out of scale.

16. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

[​IMG]

maybe

17. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with either of the following:

A 2 pack repaint of RID Ultra Magnus as Motormaster and RID Prime as RID Nemesis Prime. They combine to form Menasor with a remolded head.

or

New trailer armour along the lines of Shadow Commander for Nemesis Prime to make him Motormaster. I can live without the cab feet but I'd like the head to resemble the G1 toy NOT the animation model. He HAS to have his sword.

Wouldn't want a straight repaint of Optimus as Motormaster but I could live with the Energon Rodimus mold. We've already had 2 Rodimus repaints as Stunticons.

At a stretch, Cybertron Armourhide.

18. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Motormaster without cab feet would be like Optimus Prime WITH cab feet.
    Yeah, they're both trucks, but Bumblebee isn't Sideswipe.

19. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Technically; RID Prime does have cab feet.

20. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    As a kid I wished he would have a transformation like Optimus, because I would have then bought his toy, when I saw him. I think that was before I saw the cartoon. Now I prefer him the way he looked in the cartoon, the cab being his feet. Although scale-wise this is nonsense.