Motherboard Selection Help

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by The_Bardock, Oct 18, 2009.

1. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Well last week I ordered a new computer from NCIX.com (think of a Canadian newegg) and on friday I got an e-mail saying the motherboard for it was out of stock and they would like me to choose a replacement. Now i'm not very knowledgable with motherboards but I think i've narrowed it down to these options.

MSI P55-GD65
    NCIX.com - Buy MSI P55-GD65 ATX LGA1156 P55 DDR3 3PCI-E16 CrossFire SLI 2PCI-E1 PCI-E4 2PCI eSATA GBLAN Motherboard - P55-GD65 In Canada. this was the original board that was supposed to come with the computer, I could wait for it to come back in stock.

ASUS P7P55D Pro
    NCIX.com - Buy ASUS P7P55D Pro LGA1156 P55 DDR3 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI SLI CrossFireX 6SATA GBLAN 1394 Motherboard - P7P55D PRO In Canada. My friends told me to go for the Asus, but it is a little more expensive and doesn't come with as many things.

Gigabyte P55-UD4P
    NCIX.com - Buy Gigabyte P55-UD4P ATX LGA1156 P55 DDR3 2PCI-E 3PCI-E1 2PCI RAID 2GLAN CrossFireX SLI Motherboard - GA-P55-UD4P In Canada. Now I really don't know anything about Gigabyte, the reviews I read actually gave it a better score than the other two, but it also said it was a little more tempermental with overclocking and adjustments.

So any help you guys could provide would be very appreciated. If you guys have other suggestions the only requirements are it has to be crossfire supported with 2 PCI-E16 slots that can run in 8x/8x together, have a 1156 cpu socket for the i7 860 and then 2 PCI slots for my sound card/network adapter that I will be salvaging from my old computer.

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The ASUS P7P55D Pro is what I would recommend. I work on computers for a living and everytime I have to rebuild a computer I always but in an ASUS motherboard. Ebery time. They work well, and last longer than most. The extra money is worth it, and you don't need all the extra stuff the others come with.

3. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

The main thing the asus didn't come with that the others did was the CROSSFIRE Bridge cable, which should come with the graphics cards but if they don't it would be annoying to track one down.

4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The CROSSFIRE Bridge cable isn't completely necassary. I guess it's just what you are going to use your computer for.