Mother loses job to cheer on son and husband’s Little League World Series run

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metroplex79, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm getting a good chuckle at the people who are throwing out that the family might be rich or something. :lol  Sounds pretty damned far fetched to me. :lol 

Look, no matter how you slice it in this economy that was a damned stupid move. I hope the family is well off or the father makes damned good money, because she's going to have a hard time finding another employer after this. It's just how things are in this economy.

2. DonJuan

DonJuan Banned

Oh, you. :lol 

3. BACKFlRE

BACKFlRE Decepticon Rogue

Too bad I'm out of work myself at THIS moment. I'd hire her. I went through a similar problem, once. I was let go from a fast-food job, because they wouldn't let me go to my own graduation party back in high school. And I had relatives that had come in from a long distance, too. I respect people who put family first. I have had several jobs since... but some things are just more important than a paycheck. Family is one of them.

4. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally. I recently graduated from a 4-yeard university. Took me far, far longer than 4 years to do it. It was the culmination of a lifetime's worth of work. So when my dad told his boss that he was going to need the day off to attend my graduation, and his boss told him, "What's the big deal? It's just a graduation," my dad told him that there was no way in hell he was going to miss it. He didn't lose his job or anything. His boss did give him the day off, but managers often don't give a damn about what's going on in their employees' personal lives.

Now for this lady, I can imagine that she knew her kid and husband were going to the World Series for a few days or more. This isn't the kind of thing that you find out on the day of the game. So for them to refuse to find some way to work around her schedule for one day is a joke. I applaud her, and I'm sure she has enough experience and qualifications to find a new job elsewhere.