Most underrated not talked about Transformer toy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Malikon, Nov 11, 2008.

1. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Animated Ratchet. Good ambulance mode, GREAT robot mode, interesting transformation, and articulation out the wazoo for his size.

2. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

BW2 Starscream & BB - By far the best paintjobs these toys ever got, I just love these two.

BW Razorclaw - fun little toy, good paint, I just like him

BW Grimlock - The Dinobot paint is the more widely known, but I've almost never heard anyone talk about Grimlock. It's a good paint and well named considering Dinobot is a kick-ass-and-take-names kind of character)

BW Neo Sharpedge - This guy's just badass. The BW Cybershark mold is awesome to begin with with good articulation, very stable, but this particular version is my favourite.

BM Mirage - Perhaps the best toy of the Beast Machines line. Very good robot mode, nice little gun, very badass headsculp. He looks as tough as Tankor, as fast as Jetstorm, and as cool as Thrust.

3. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The WST version is almost better because you can turn the head as well ^^

[​IMG]

4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Funnily enough I had this guy out of storage the other day but he went right back in a short while later because I remembered how horrible he was because of that weird rubbery plastic he was almost entirely composed of which made all his complicated parts not want to clip together properly. I like how he had a sorta BM Jetstorm vibe about him and how his neat shoulder missile thing tucked away in jet mode, but his stubbly legs and those damn wings in robot mode just finished off any overall liking I had for that figure. I do think that the weird plastic was what ruined the whole thing though as without that I could've probably got over the other stuff.

As for my pick of underrated, I'd say Mavie Payload. Another figure with weird plastic in places (this time brittle on the wings - especially the hinges). His head unit and alt mode grill not being fixed on was a bugger, and of course his claw gimmick gave him that long shaft coming out of his back, but beyond those he was a nicely proportioned little guy with some great articulation and a clever transformation where you couldn't tell exactly what he changed into from looking at his robot mode.

5. MrMurder

MrMurder Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    couldn't agree with you more. I love that little camcorder

6. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    yeah, a lot of people poop on him, but i thought he was the only movie drone worth getting ~ the other 2 were so awkward looking (he's the only one who's monocle head looked cool to me.)

If it wasn't for the giant plunger coming out of his back, he'd have been fairly perfect.

7. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

I wont rag on anyone else's choice, but man I can't stand Payload. Everytime I pick him up I remember why I never pick him up.

Out of the movie Drones the one I actually really thought was awesome was Dropkick. He was a huge surprise in awesome. *minus his cheese-ass giant pincer claw o' doom*

and little things like his flip up antennea *sp?* and the little foot spur things that stick up really gave him character. And the tiny D'con symbol on his chest. He had alot to offer.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I agree, I am doing some detailing on a Movie Salvage, the Allspark Autobot repaint w/ the Sanford & Son red truck homage, and he's pretty neat for a "drone". He's got a ton of kibble on his back, though, which if integrated into his legs would have looked even better. Still, at least he's not a parts-former.

9. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

Cybertron Unicron
    Movie Bonecrusher

10. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    oh, i didn't consider him a drone, just an off-screen character ~ i think Dropkick might have been the best mold from the movie line.

11. newguy

newguy i

g1 trail breaker

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Cybertron Thunderblast

13. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ehobby Orion Pax.

14. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

G2 Stormtroopers

G2 Laser Rods

G2 Skram

Classics Galvatron

Universe Devestator (Landfill repaint)

Classics G2 Megatron

Energon Scorponok

G1 Ironhide and Ratchet when you get the custom heads

Movie Wreckage and Incinerator

The G2, Universe and Robotmasters Lines

Scouts/Basics size class

Energon Prowl and Armada Sideswipe, had they been Basics, they would have been my favourite Trilogy Autobots as they would have fitted in with G1 Prowl and co.

15. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Most of Energon.

16. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

OMFG! THAT'S where that gun and launcher came from! i use the gun for Classics Hot Rod, and Universe Sideswipe has the launcher for his shoulder-mounted rocket launcher. I had no idea where they came from... now I remember... I had a friend when i was a kid who had Sludge... I guess he left his weapons over my house and they ended up in my stuff.

17. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

yup. Dropkick, Payload, Swindle and Dreadwing were drones from the movie video game.

Dropkick was definitely my favorite of the 4.

[​IMG]

Plus he had a mech mode...

[​IMG]

Too damn cool. Dropkick FTW

18. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    G1 Metroplex and Trypticon. They're both big bots and they're cool as heck. Nice city modes, too.

19. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another really great, rarely talked about toy in my opinion, is Legends of Cybertron Leo Prime. For a Legend size figure, he has a pretty great amount of articulation, a good amount of detail and doesn't look like a pile of ass when in either mode.

20. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I LOVE Armada Megatron. The problem is that while the Armada Decepticons are so great, the Autobots suck big time. Megatron, Starscream, Demolishor and Cyclonus have great articulation and proportions, while Optimus Prime, Hot Shot and Red Alert are a mess of playschool colors, crazy scale, gimmicks and lack of articulation.

Some other toys that I think are underrated by the fandom, but not by Hasbro, are the Cybertron basics. They're really great as general purpose transformers, no surprise they're repaint fodder. I really like the Clocker mold, reminds me of old basic toys like gobots, but with that modern feeling about him.