Most Surprising Piece of Software

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, Dec 17, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Have you bought or downloaded software that turned out to be like 10x better than you expected? (no games.)

Personally, as i had to work in a college computer lab and help students with papers and things, i got AbiWord Portable and I keep a copy on any jump/flash drive i own.

It was forgiving- read documents i gave up hope ever seeing again.

and it saved many a student's grade.
    they'd walk in with a copy on Works or older formatted documents and the campus PCs would butcher them.
    I'd plug in Abi, read the document, resave it as a new file and save the day.
    greatest thing ever, IMO.

Now for yours. what ya got?

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

hmmm, I've got all of my college papers on a disc that was done with a panasonic word processor. sounds like that program might be what I'm looking for. as far as my favorite software, dvd decripter has been my favorite.

3. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

yep, this audio program called Free Hi-Q, it records audio straight into mp3 format as soon as you press record! and when you hit stop, it automatically saves the file to your desktop, and starts a new file, next time you hit record. amazing for recording practise sessions or something you just want to make isntantly into an mp3, no hassle, no bull, and doesn't cost anything to download it. its just a small cheap little program that does what it's suppose to, and that's all. no crap.

I was amazed first time I used it. It even lets you do that trick where you run a male to male mini-jack cable from your audio out, to your line in, and will record any audio that is coming out of your computer. So if you wanted to record audio off youtube or myspace or whatever into an mp3, just plug in the cable in the back, hit record, hit play on youtube. bam. instant mp3.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  4. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i couldn't live without digital colour meter or colour kop.

5. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

SUPER.

It will encode pretty much anything you throw at it. And it's free!

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

thath priddy awthum

7. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I got hooked on Vegas Video (originally published by Sonic Foundry, now owned by Sony) years ago, and it's still my editor of choice. I was expecting something close to Premiere - long learning curve, not a natural UI, but it blew me out of the water with it's combination of power and user friendly GUI. That, and unlimited video/audio tracks is win.

8. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    I'll have to check out Vegas Video.

I'm a big fan of Deep Burn for burning CDs/DVDs. Nice small footprint, user friendly, compatible with ISOs. I expected a clucnkier interface, like older Nero products, but Deep Burn is good stuff.