Most Recommended Transformers Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Scarecrow, Oct 10, 2010.

1. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Thanks, Razorclaw, but I'm taking this thread as a "don't-get-enough-love" thread.

And throwing Classics Mirage in. Whenever my fingers go wandering over to the toy shelf to fiddle with something, this guy ends up in my hands (beyond a lot of recommendations in this thread). Unstoppably good.

Also, yes, PCC Smolder and Generations Drift.

TFA Blurr, anybody?

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

TFA Swindle doesn't get much love. He's got the best light-piping ever and he's Fred Willard.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    WFC Megatron. He's not as much talked about unlike his wavemate Darkmount/Straxus. I mean this is one of the best Megatron toys we've gotten since the Animated Leader Class version. Like the Animated Leader Class Megatron he's ambidexterous meaning he can have his fusion on both arms. His Transformation is simple and yet it works. It's by far a rare instance where a Megatron figure dominats his Optimus Prime counterpart.

Cybertron Hotshot. Unlike most other Hotshot figures this one does not have the wHy My sH0uLdErZ hUrT problem that ruins Hotshot. Both Version of Cybertron Hotshot are articulated, and the Car mode is so sleek, while the Tank mode is armed and ready to destroy. A awesome charecter that pretty much sums the matuing Armada version and the Mature Energon version. This is by far the best version of Hotshot we will ever get.

4. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

If I could find a WFC Megatron, then I would talk about him...

5. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dark crumplezone,
    beast machines noble :) 

6. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of my favourites, off the top of my head:

Cybertron/Galaxy Force Optimus Prime - absolutely gorgeous looking, not to mention looks like a walking tank in terms of power, and is surprisingly well articulated and poseable. Easily one of my favourites TF toys and top 5 Primes.

Alternators Hot Rod/Rodimus - the alt mode is sleek and sexy and the bot mode doesn't suffer from kibble-tasticness that a fair bit of the Alternators seem to suffer from. (Granted, my experience with Alt/BT is quite limited)

The entire Animated line - seriously, there wasn't a single one from that line that I regretted buying. For me, it was the most fun-filled line since I was a kid and G1 was released. And yes, that includes the Roll out and Command Optimus.

And, of course, the MPs. Prime, Grimlock and the Seekers are marvels of engineering and have stunning alt and bot modes. They are definitely worth price tags. I've never owned Megatron though, and don't really care to.

7. wingblade prime

wingblade prime On the Lost Light

I'm also going to add to the Animated Rodimus vote. One of the best incarnations of the character (till Masterpiece), and a great all-around toy.
    I also find myself constantly playing with Cybertron Galvatron. Loses the wacky color scheme of Megatron, and is a big, fun fig that's full of gimmicks without sacrificing anything. Plus, it transforms into a Batmobile-looking car.

8. Seeker Lord

Seeker Lord Well-Known Member

Well there is one oddball that I just can't not like, Cybertron Menasor. He is kinda simple but there's just something I find cool about him.

9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Touche' :D 

10. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Hi, I like Generations Soundwave. He's great. Thanks.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I can't recommend fansproject enough. All the products they have I have had no disappointments (cept the commanders unable to hold up the BFG, but hey, you can't have everything I suppose)

12. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    ROTF Lockdown - One of the most fun and unique looking deluxe figures recently, tons of fun, and he really stands out as something different IMHO.

After reading this thread, I now feel the need to hunt down ROTF Brawn and Movie Leader Starscream!

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You certainly won't be disappointed with those two figures. :thumb 

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Smolder works fine without Chopster, but he won't have a weapon. Smolder, as I say, is very very simple but that actually makes him fun, and somehow he doesn't *look* it.

I HIGHLY recommend Bludgeon if you are a fan of the character. Or swords. Or the best tank alt-mode I've ever seen.

15. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I've had a bit of a purge recently, and while some were easy to get rid of, others werent, and some I just couldn't part with!

Most of my movie/ROTF stuff went, but Leader Prime (ROTF), Soundwave, Protoform Prime, Mindwipe and Skystalker all endured. All wonderful figs.

I couldn't bear to get rid of one of my animated, but if my house was on fire and I had to save one, it would be Voyager Grimlock. Brimming with character in both modes, hes solid, sturdy and poseable with excellent proportions.

Classics powerglide - a prime example of a toy that looks pretty bad in pictures, but is wonderful in person!

And yes, i agree that WFC megatron is one of the best Megatrons ever released.

16. KhaN

KhaN Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'll recommend WFC megatron

Robot Masters Lio Convoy

Universe Galvatron(But Im a huge Galvatron fan soo take this with a grain of salt)

Classics Prime

17. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Extra like OMG

RiD Optimus Prime & Magnus or G1 Powermaster Prime w/ Apex Armor. Sitting down with any Prime who has multiple modes and parts forms is good table time IMO.

Armada Prime, Jetfire & Overload. These 3 combined is something to behold.

18. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

Sorry this thread doesn't live up to something you would want pall, I'm enjoying it!

19. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, there's such a thing as taking a fun thread too seriously. If everyone were so closed-mouthed about their favorite figures I never would have gotten into the community in the first place.

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    There's nothing wrong with posting in this thread, as long as your post follows the rules. I've rather enjoyed this thread myself as well.