Most powerful combiner?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RedOktobre, May 14, 2007.

1. RedOktobre

RedOktobre RedOktobre

Hey everyone,

Has anyone ever wondered who the most powerful G1 combiner is or was?

I came up with the following ranking (most powerful to weakest):

1. Computron
    2. Abominus
    3. Predaking
    4. Bruticus
    5. Defensor
    6. Superion
    7. Menasor
    8. Devastator
    9. Menasor (Autobot version formed by Optimus, Sideswipe, Mirage, Windcharger, etc)

Please note that I have deliberately omitted Omega Supreme, the Seacons, etc.

2. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    According to Dreamwave's collection of bios, Monstructor (the Monster Pretender combiner) was the most powerful, able to destroy things simply by being there. Forget the exact wording, but it was like "zOMG awesome!"

In my opinion?

- Strength
    Abominus. Hands down. You could even say that he's the one that could take a ticking and keep going, even if he was nearly destroyed. When you take 5 dumb robots, you don't get one smart one ... you get one really dumb one. Dumb makes brute strength seem even stronger.

- Armor
    Devastator. 6 Construction vehicles? Yeah. Pretty heavy duty stuff.

- Intelligence
    Computron, for obvious reasons.

- Competence
    Predaking. Five hunting minds create one challenging warrior who may not be the strongest may not be the smartest, but I would put money on him overall more than any other.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah. monstructor, according to DW was definately the all around most dangerous. anyone around him had their life energy drained.

You'd think that if he had that ability, the decepticons could have won the entire war in about an hour.

4. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Predaking seemed to get the crap kicked out of him on a very regular basis, now Superion, other than his fairly hard first fight in which omega helped him out I don't think he ever had a real challenge in beating any one after that.

That is all based on the cartoon of course although he was pretty bad ass in the comics to.

5. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    is this based on techspecs? or what?

also, why omit the seacons? are you doing US series combiners only?

and lastly, Computron FTW, he's my personal favorite.

6. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    If we're only going by US G1 cartoons, I'd say Bruticus. If only he didn't have those 3 stupid dots on his back

7. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

So many conflicting factors...

I don't know jack about Monstructor, except how tiny the toy was... so it's hard to see him as the "most powerful". Also his tech spec stats suck.

On the other hand, it's hard not to hand it to Predaking, simply because the Predacons were so big and robust as toys.

I like to give Devastator props, just because he's the first and most iconic. I sort of see him as the strongest. Also, when you're the guy that they call on to fight with Omega Supreme, you know you're tough. :) 

Superion seems to be pretty hardcore, even if he's not much of a thinker. Defensor is said to be the most coherent and capable of independent thought. Computron is unquestionably the smartest, but he's also the weakest Combiner I've seen, next to Monstructor (again going by tech specs).

There's no question that Predaking is probably the most deadly overall, though... I think his profile says it all:

"The closest thing to a perfect fighting machine that the Decepticons have. As a warrior he has no equal; as a weapon he has no restraints. His actions result from seemingly savage, animal instinct. Can lift 500 tons; reacts to any movement he sees within .002 seconds. Can generate protective electric field. Wields powerful X-ray laser cannon. Each foot houses twinm mortar shell launchers. No known weaknesses."

Can't really argue with that... :) 

zmog

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    predaking. brute force combined with intelligence. plus, he just looks like he wants to stomp your ass.

9. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

My vote's for Predaking too! A monstrous badass with a nifty sword with which to cleave his foes in two.

10. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    PPl tend to forgett Menasor in most of these disscusions. Menasor is one really bad fighting machine, has no weaknesses except the other 4 limbs hate for Motormasters that confuse Menasors mind.

Menasor has guns under his arms so hes always armed.

Menasors armor can withstand almosat anything.

Menasors is equiped both with gun and sword.

He can litterly crush any foes and I think he would be the most dangerous of the combiners if it hadent been that the others hated MM so much.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    and all of that is pointless when he completely freezes up due to endless mental conflicts, as magnus demonstrated in DW's G1 series.

12. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    as I said the others hate for MM is what makes Menasor so weak. But I would still chose him over many of the other combiners if I hade to chose.

if u see on the others I would without looking at any spechs or other comics or other say this.

Bruticus: (my favorit) But hes as dumb as a barndoor and cant do anything before anyone tells him to.

Menasor: Internal conflict takes him down

Defensor: Would gladely sacrifice himself to save a humna..Caring for other species will be his downfall

Superion: Same as Defensor plus hes weaker

Computron: Takes to long to make a decission.

Abominus: Brute force , no thinking ...will work many times but not when facing an intelligent foe.

Devastator: not much..ideal warrior.

Predaking: Overconfident... thinks hes bigeest and baddest..there is always a bigger fish

Piranacon. Slow on earth, impossible to beat in water.

just a first thought

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Predaking doesnt have an ego. He just hunts. he doesnt care if he's the biggest or baddest, that doesnt interest him at all. he lives for the hunt, nothing else.

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

All that's true here's the "but" though. Menasor is extremely defitiant in the mental faculties. Whether your going by the cartoon slightly smarter than a rock or comic we all hate MM versions of Menasor. In either case Menasor is so defitiant that he can be over come easily. Same with Abominus (who looks up to rocks in intelligence). The most powerful Decepticon combiner would be either Predaking or Devastator. Their indiviual minds work together well enough that you get an effective combined fighting machine.

For the Autobots, Superion no question. If you need to reposulate the origins of the universe you want Computron. If you need someone to crack skulls and break shit, Suerpion is your bot.

15. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

Bruticus here!

16. SideSwipe82

SideSwipe82 Well-Known Member

what is an autobot version of menasor? where does that come from? i've never heard of that one. was he from g1?

17. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Go to youtube and search for Transformers "Masquerde". Or search for Stunticons.

18. TILALLR1

TILALLR1 'Til All Are One

Devastator, hands down. Remember 6 bots !!! vs most others have only 5. Thats 20 percent more energon than the other combiners.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it... doesnt really work that way. besides, monstructor and technically pirahnacon have six too.

more minds = more conflict. and since devastator was experimental, he's damn near incapable of intelligent thought.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Seeing Monstructor in action in the TF / GI Joe crossover, I'd certainly say he is pretty powerful.

I'd like to mention Liokaiser, though. Razor boomerangs, invisibility, limited flight, he was certainly a strong one. The strongest? Hard to judge since the Decepticons in TF Victory were all pretty bumbling and incompetant. Even the weakest serious opponent might have seemed competant by comparision.

King Poseidon is also pretty dangerous - he's actually the weakest gestalt in terms of the show since he can be destroyed so easily, but since the five smaller Seacons were mass-produced, in theory he could beat an opponent simply with the "human flood" technique - sending wave upon wave of drones after you, replacing limbs where needed, until eventually he stands triumphant.

Why no love for Build King / Landfill as well? Sure, he's from RiD, but he is (in theory) one of the most versatile combiners of all. His triple combination system allows him to assume on three different combined modes, each with their own properties. In theory he could then utilise each of these combos to give himself an advantage whatever the situation.
    Of course, that depends on just what the three modes actually are. They never really came out much in the show.