Most PIA stickers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Okay, so I got my reissue Predaking gift set from BBTS! Man, I love this thing! I forget how freaking huge he was! He towers over Devestator and Shockwave!
    Anyway, so I spent the evening after dinner applying all the wonderful stickers on him and got me thinking.
    Some stickers are easy, and some are a pain in the ass to put in place. Worst ones I think are the eyes for the G1 seeker jets, which is why I tend to hand-paint mine.
    I have to say my Predacon stickers went on pretty well and a toothpick helps smooth things out and gets'em around corners.
    So, what stickers do you find to be the most pain in the ass to apply?

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, I left of the G1 seeker eyes, they are just goofy for me. Same mold, I have had issues with my reissue Sunstorm and Starscream's boobguards. Don't know if the metal was oily before applying the stickers or what, but neither of them went on well for me (applied with toothpicks and exactos).

3. Tigertrack

I think only Thundercracker's bras stayed on. All the others have gone topless.

4. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

I think my father is the only person in the world who's ever applied a G1 seeker's eye stickers and made the end result look natural and awesome.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I usually love applying stickers but this Predaking set is way to much of a good thing lol:lol . IT TOOK FOREVER!!! If for some reason, I end up selling this version like the others i've had in the past (this is my 3rd PK), I'll only buy him loose with stickers applied.

Other than Predaking, most of the reissue stickers piss me off. Its not that they are hard to apply but the adhesive and/or plastics make it impossible for them to stay put. I'm looking at you reissue insections!

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    never tried to apply the stickers to the unicron.com animated allspark have you?

7. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i use twizzers when appling stickers...make all the difference..especially when doing P/G gundams...cuz with out them i want to switch a couple of letters off of gundam to make it say g*dd*m after a couple of hours apply n them

8. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got that today actually, and it wasn't that bad. The only part that annoyed me was that little strip that goes on the top halves of the shell.

9. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    About 6 hours after I put the stickers on mine, I noticed that they already started to pop off on my bookshelf. I was highly annoying.

I actually hate putting on stickers It seems to me like I'm defacing the figure. No idea why.

10. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

^^^ya i normally dont either but after reading/seeing how awesome the 2010 version looked w/ the stickers...i had to try it....looks good....so im not bummed...

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've never bothered with the Seekers' eyes either. I tried doing Starscream's boobguards and they wouldn't stick (I got the Encore release) so I put them back on the sheet and didn't even bother trying with the other Seekers I've purchased.

The most irritating stickers, far and away, were the Takara Collection Insecticons I picked up. I've picked up older reissues that have had stickers with no problem...but those three were a pain. A couple of Encore Hoist's wouldn't stick either. Everything else, I've had no trouble with.

12. Tigertrack

I got the TRU reissue Insecticons last Christmas and I don't remember that they came with any stickers.
    Was it only the Japanese reissue that came with them?
    Also, so far, my Predaking stickers are staying in place.

13. Insecticon

Insecticon I am a Transformers

Ebay:
    Yeah the TRU reissue Insecticons have stickers. Unfortunately a few of these stickers will not stay on, especially on Bombshell's feet. I'm tempted to use superglue.

14. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    the smaller the sticker piece is the worst it is..

but in the end with a little time and keeping calm..one can do anything.

15. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seeker eyes - somehow I managed it with Thundercracker in 1984, with the hands of a 4-year-old, but I'm damned if I can do it now with Encore Starscream.

16. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    For me: definitely the G1 seekers eyes.