Most Perfect Transformer...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by artiepants, Mar 8, 2011.

1. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    as i was driving into work this morning, I started thinking about what i would consider the "most perfect" Transformer. Now, obviously this can be very subjective based on any number of criteria the end user choses, but after thinking about it, i decided for me it's the BT/Alt RX8 mold.

Why?

Combination of perfect vehicle mode with interior, great articulation, a simple-yet-complex transformation that is less fiddly then most of the other Alts, Extremely poseable thanks to the ratchet joints and articulated toes, great transforming weapon, fan-freaking-tastic headsculpts. other then a minor ding for the backpack being a bit clunky, there's really no negative i have for this mold.

(I personally LIKE the WRX mold better, because they did my favorite car crossed with 3 of my favorite characters, but i'd never argue that the mold was better ~ the rx8 is just a much better execution of the same idea)

"Most Perfect" is also a bit different from "favorite" ~ i have some "favorites" that certainly have some "flaws" ala CR Fire Convoys parts-forming.

Some runners up would include Classics Lambo bros, Classics and BT/Alt Hound, ROTF Leader Prime, Classics Coneheads, CR Mach Alert/RiD Prowl (the way the feet turn into the seats still hasn't been topped IMHO)

2. mmhand

mmhand Well-Known Member

For me, the most "prefect" would be Masterpiece Rodimus Prime. Aside from the quality control issues and irritating transformation, it has THE best robot mode of any transformer out there plus an awesome car mode and a decent truck mode. That is a lot for one figure.

3. artiepants

News Credits:
    That's true ~ i've been kind of waiting for news if there's gonna be a 2nd batch before taking the plunge from all the QC issues i've read about...

4. kraven

kraven Decepticon

Hasbro MP Grimlock is my fav. right now. Just an amazing figure, I can see why some people think the transformation is too easy but I really dont mind. The t-rex mode is nice but the robot mode is beautiful. However this will probably change on wednesday when I get my MP Rodimus. :) 
    I also love MP Prime, Alt. Meister, and all the classics seekers.

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Hmmm near "perfect" for me would be Alternity Bumblebee/CJ. Superb alt mode, with interior details, nice paint job (Champion Yellow; Pearl Red) really looks like their counterparts IRL. The bot modes are great too, especially the faces, and they have guns! :) 

6. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Generations Warpath looks like he's gonna be a very solid measuring stick.

7. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Grimlock. Everything about him is perfect.

8. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My personal idea of a perfect Transformers toy is Beast Wars Quickstrike. He combines show-accuracy, excellent articulation and sculpting, and a general sense of fun to create everything I love to see in my Transformers.

I also quite like Masterpiece Prime for the same reasons.

9. artiepants

News Credits:
    The proportions of their 'bot modes ruined them for me ~ i felt like they looked like Robots with cars strapped to their chests rather than robots who's chests were made out of a car, if that makes any sort of sense :p  Head sculpts were fantastic though.

he does look to be pretty darn epic. whodathunkit?

10. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Except his scale. :p 

11. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think the subaru mold is actually better because the feet look like feet, and the arms don't fall off like they do on my jazz.

perfect mold for me would be the WRX and the GT40 alts i think,

12. artiepants

News Credits:
    huh, i never had arm fall-off issues :p  ~ the GTs another sweet, sweet mold, but i find the shoulder and Knee kibble a little egregious; yet, i'd say like the WRX i like it more than the RX8 :) 

I forgot about Overdrive (Alt Windcharger) he's pretty close to flawless too limited knee's aside ~ i especially enjoy how the gun barrel made the drivetrain and the fact that he's an Omnibot

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the arms on my jazz were bad as soon as i opened the package, tried to transform it and it came off at the shoulder, never did stay in right
    the hound mold was so close minus the giant hunk of back kibble lol

14. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I LOVE the Classic Seeker mold!

15. artiepants

News Credits:
    yeah, it really is ~ obvious sculpt level aside, i think they pulled it off better with Classics Hound ~ i love how his seats make the thighs and the way the front wheels end up behind the shoulders.

the size kills me on those + the way the wings don't fold back like the G1 mold so the shoulder articulation is hampered by the null ray fit. Plus the goofy nosecone hanging off the back of the head ~ fortunately, size aside all the other issues were solved on the Conehead mold, which i love.

16. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    perfect Transformer? your likely to get as many answers as there are collectors.

as for me it would be G1 Optimus prime . It has the right combination of fun, Nostalgia and ease of transformation.

17. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Classics Hound is one of my faves. They got the character spot on and the henkei version makes him a perfect upgrade for his G1 self.

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

united jazz?
    henkei hound?
    henkei astrotrain?

i cant pick...

19. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

music label soundwave. with the repro label he is a perfect update to his G1 character. He plays music. Only drawback is he cant hold cassettes, but if he did i think it would be at the cost of his bot mode.

20. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    MP Grimlock and Challenge for Cybertron Cyclonus.