Most Overrated and underated rotf toy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SoundMaster, Jun 24, 2009.

1. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Most overrated- For me, it would have to be Sideswipe. I don't own him, but I have played with him. I love the Stingray mode, but the robot mode really isn't that impressive imo. It looks cool, and the arm blades are a great touch, but he just isn't as good as everyone says he is, imo. He is a good figure, but nothing I will be getting anytime soon.

Most underrated- Demolisher. I chose to get him over the fallen. I think he is an awesome figure. The design is unique, and can get into some really cool poses, even with an arm on the ground. The vehicle mode is very nicely painted and detailed, and the shovel has some nice articulation. And I know it it isn't very impressive, but I thought it deserved a mention- it's very rare to see a figure with two different colors of transparent plastic.

2. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    overrated...leader prime...i mean hes great but not as monumental...in my opinion

underrated...sideways...get past the chicken feet, throw on some silver sharpie and hes bad ass............................

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    - Over-rated - Tie between Leader Prime and Voyager Starscream. They're both decent figures, but not anywhere close to as good as a lot of people have made them out to be.

- Under-rated - Demolishor and Stratosphere. I just think both of these figures are a lot of fun, much more so than the buzz on them, with Stratosphere in particular being a pleasant surprise.

4. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Overrated = Sideswipe. He's a nice figure, not the "OMG AWESOME!" masterpiece people have been swooning over.

Underrated = Breakaway. Great alt. mode, awesome articulation. Doesn't get the respect he deserves.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    over rated: Rampage! dont get me wrong I like the freaky robot modes but... meh

under rated: BreakAway I love the guy but it seems I'm in the minority

6. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

ALL are overrated and ugly!!!

7. jostru

jostru Well-Known Member

So are you.

Just kidding. :p 

8. xOPtimUsZErOx

xOPtimUsZErOx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    most underrated for me right now is scapel and wheelie they are both must haves for anybody

9. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    most underated is ha bb. a really fun figure to play with.

10. misterbinky

misterbinky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overrated: Voyager Starscream. Yeah, the vehicle mode is much improved over the first movie toy but it's at the expense of his robot mode. Poseability suffers greatly

Underrated: Ransack, definitely Ransack. He turns into a freaking biplane, for one. Second, he is a surprisingly sturdy plane for such a stick-like robot. Third his transformation is awesome and fourth, he has an engine on his head. He looks like the crazy old man Decepticon who constantly yells at the Autobots to stay the hell off of his lawn.

11. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Most underrated is definitely Leader Megatron. A very great toy actually

12. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Most overrated: Leader Class Optimus Prime by a country mile. It's good but there's a number of issues that for me make it nowhere near deserving of all the hype it's got.

Most underrated: Human Alliance Bumblebee: A perfect blend of detail and gimmicks that should appeal to collectors of all ages. The transformation is complex but not overly so,it's sturdily put together,has great articulation and the paint apps are by Hasbro's standards pretty good. The best ROTF toy so far.

13. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    Bear in mind this is only out of toys I actually own, and I don't have too many.

Overrated: Sideswipe. Don't get me wrong, I think Sideswipe is awesome, I just think too many people gloss over the fact that his alt mode has some really blatant transformation breaks that prevent it looking like a toy car. Especially a car that's supposed to be sleek and streamlined.

Underrated: Soundwave. A lot of people say he doesn't seem to 'properly' transform, but then they just seem to have not transformed him correctly. His arms lock up and away, and the base of his form definitely has a 'this should go here' kinda feel to it. Sure his panels can be arranged in a variety of ways, but that just adds more fun coming up with configurations. The bot mode, while stumpy is also cool and quite G1 inspired, and pretty poseable if you know how to arrange the back kibble.

14. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    Overated-Leader Megs
    Underated-Demolisher

15. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Overrated - Voyager Starscream. I just don't like the new one.

Underrated - Rampage. A really cool all-around figure. Alt mode is awesome, and robot mode is cool and different.

16. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I'll have to bend the rules a bit for this. I'll say so far one figure that surprised me with how much I liked it, the other would be one that was disappointing.

Figure I love, even though I thought I wouldn't: Demolishor

Figure I dislike, even when I thought I'd dig it: Breakaway.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Overrated- Leader Optimus

Underrated- Sideways or Breakaway

18. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

Over rated- Wheelie, really, its not that cute, he is taller than allot of the deluxe figures, and in the movie, only like a foot or two tall?

Under rated- Rampage, Really people, when a unique mold comes along, can't we enjoy it, i fucking love that mold and can't wait to buy it, yes his robot mode is under articulated, but we can still make some bad ass poses, he looks hardcore, and really unique. Oh, did i mention its rampage?

19. Jordo02

Jordo02 Well-Known Member

LOL!

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I want him, too. BTW, you do know that the Radicon section has a few tutorials on how to give him articulation built into the figure but not used (like his double-jointed arms)?

anyways, my picks at present:

Over-rated: Leader Prime. So what if it's a big improvement over the original mold and has double swords, I still love my first version TF1 Prime (got him for $5 at a yard sale complete, he's awesome and is the only movie-accurate Leader Movie Prime I know of that has a gun:thumbs2: ). I also don't really care for the whole Jetfire-combining gimmick returning from the A/E/C days.

Under-rated: The scouts, most definitately. They're small, and I'll admit I wasn't expecting much. I was shocked when the only part of him that wasn't insanely poseable with multi-ball joints was the head (due to the transformation)! He's well worth $8, and I plan on picking more of the scouts up, maybe I'll try and collect them all like minicons...