Most missed toys...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I'm sure we've all had TFs that for some reason or another have just disappeared from our collections. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

All of mine were from G1. Beginning with Beast Wars I was an adult already, so I took a lot better care of my stuff.

My most missed:
    Decepticon clones
    Autobot clones
    All the insecticons (thank goodness for the upcoming TRU reissue!)
    Blitzwing
    Scattershot
    Wheelie (I know, I know...shut it.)
    Motormaster (I still have him, but he's a mess)
    Punch/Counterpunch (same as Motormaster. Looking forward to the fan club exlusive)
    Flywheels
    Battletrap
    Squawktalk (still have Beast Box, but he's lonely:cry )
    Waverider (always thought he looked like a girl...made a good girlfriend for Landmine)
    Skullgrin
    Gunrunner

Ebay is great, but with so much new stuff always coming out, it's hard to drop $50 on a toy that you know you bought for $10 or less back in the day.

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I sold my g1 collection about 10 years ago right after High School. I think I miss the combiners the most :( 

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Just Beast Wars basic Airazor for me. which sucks because she was one of my favorite basics.

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    Thankfully Ive only lost 2 figures, BW Terragator and Beast Machines Mirage. I think Terragator was my first Transformer.

5. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I grew up during BW, and sadly don't have any of those specific toys at this time. Honestly, I miss them all, even the more obscure characters. I never had them all, but of the ones I had, I remember: Bat and Gator Primal and Megatron, Dinobot, Rattrap, Terrorsaur, Scroponok, Cheetor, Polar Claw, Wolfgang, Waspinator, Quickstrike, Cybershark, and Tarantulas. I'm sure there was more, but those are the ones I can remember. My parents were never to big on spending money no the bigger ultra class figures. Out of those, I remember playing with Dinobot, Cheetor, and Polar Claw the most.

I know most of those specific BW figures aren't hard to find on here or Ebay, but being a college student, its hard to justify buying them right now. It also doesn't help that Animated, Universe, and RotF have been keeping me distracted.

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BW Ultra class Megatron. My first Transformer, and it was given to Goodwill when I temporarily lost interest in TFs around Energon.

7. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I'm glad this thread is here. I need to vent.

I was ten when TF:TM came out. My original Prime (my first Transformer ever) was in bad shape and had been "retired" to a safe place in the closet.

I had a huge G1, G.I.Joe, Star Wars, and MOTU collection. I displayed my Joes on the U.S.S. Flagg. It was glorious.

Anyway, when Prime died, I was destroyed myself. A year later, Prime returned, but I still didn't have a "whole" Prime for my collection.

Then, one day, while at KayBee with my mom, I see him...POWERMASTER OPTIMUS PRIME. I begged, she reletented, he was mine. It was like learning an old friend was lost or dead and then suddenly finding they had survived or had returned.

I would sit and watch the G1 re-run season with my PM Prime, Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime, and Galvatron.

I packaged those four guys together and even brought them with me to college, usually just kept in box. After moving to my grandmother's house after her death, I kept them there with me.

Years later, I continue to search for them. I recently found the housing for Galvatron's cannon and both of PM Prime's black cannons. Where the slag are the figures? I sadly can't say.

The search continues, but I think about them every day. Last night, while looking at my G1 collection for some parts to trade, I thought maybe they'd turn up. Nothing.

Hopefully, one day, I'll either find them or buy mint originals.

They were, and remain, my favorite G1 figures, along with the original Prime, which I am going to be restoring soon. They captured my imagination like no other, and while I have MP Prime and some Animated and movie stuff, it's just not the same.

Ex

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    G1 Jetfire for me. I regret losing him when I got older and more destructive with my toys....

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Pretty much everything I owned from the Beat Era, when I was kid and just getting into the franchise. I mean, feel kinda bad in a way thinking about it. All the money my parents must have spent on stuff I either lost pieces to, broke, our just outright completely lost over the years.

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    my complete set of G1 seekers and G1 dinobots that got stolen from me along with the rest of my collection at that time

11. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I still have all of mine dating back to when I started collecting in 1984. :) 

12. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i had two beast wars figures when i was very little, non-transmetal rattrap and buzzsaw......i replaced buzzsaw.....still got to replace rattrap, who cost a fortune

13. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
    I never kept any of the Transformers I had as a kid, so there's loads, but honourable mentions to;

Optimus Prime with trailer.
    Starscream
    Skywarp
    Metroplex
    Scorponok
    Sideswipe
    Sunstreaker
    Jazz
    Galvatron
    Ultra Magnus
    Bumblebee
    Hoist
    Trailbreaker
    Inferno
    Grimlock
    Sludge

And more. All G1. All gone.

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

All of my Gobots.

And probably my G2 Sideswipe and Grimlock.

15. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Ah, Gobots. Forgot about those.

I only had a few, but the one I miss the most was Cy-Kill. Not the little one but the bigger one...he was pretty cool, even though one of his arms broke off. Some kid down the street stole it.

We were playing with some toys on the porch, and I went in to use the bathroom. When I came back, the kid was gone and so was Cy-Kill. Ass.:banghead: 

16. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I miss my Micronauts Battle Cruiser and Baron Karza and Andromeda.
    I also miss my Six Million Dollar man action figures, my Evel Knievel stunt car and bikes.

17. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I wish I hadn't let my mom sell my assorted toys a year ago, because that was just before I was really excited and interested in TFs again. Lost an awful lot of BW toys (particularly Transmetal Optimus and Megatron), the BW combiners, and so forth. Now, its kind of like scrambling to find the really iconic toys from my childhood :D 

18. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I think I had a G1 car guy, all I know was he was a red flashy sports car.
    No freaking idea what happened to him.

19. rikkuluverx2

rikkuluverx2 scout

News Credits:
    my mom did something to my rid prime and magnus :[ i left to stay with my dad one weekend, then when i came back, they were gone. oh how i loved them...

and i also miss my bw depthcharge. i left him in my grandma's car, and then she sent him to my family in the philipines -_-;

-rikkuluverx2

20. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My HUUUUGE G1 collection that I had as a kid. I had nearly every one that was available, including ALL the combiners, Metroplex, Trypticon, Omega Supreme, etc. I either gave them all away, sold them or ended up tearing them up (hit that destructive, "I don't care anymore" age).

Now that I look back I made a HUGE mistake :(