Most Loyal Decepticon to Megatron is? Soundwave or Shockwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by retro.obsessed, Jul 5, 2009.

1. retro.obsessed

retro.obsessed Banned

Shockwave

Soundwave

Who is most loyal?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Uh...in what continuity?

The only Shockwave in the movie continuity (as of so far) was in the first movie game, which isn't really canonical.

And we haven't really seen much of Soundwave as far as his interactions when not doing his job goes to determine his loyalty (though the fact that he did his job, did it well, etc. shows at least some of it).

3. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

I'd say Soundwave. Shockwave is on Cybertron, and can do whatever he wants and Megatron may not find out. Soundwave is with Megatron regularly and any acts that defy Megatron are easily visable.

4. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Shockwave, in a very bizarre way. If Shockwave believes that the best way to show loyalty to Megatron is by overthrowing him, he'll do it.

Wow, they should really make him the villian in the next movie.

5. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave wasn't in either movies (although I hope to Primus he is in the third), so I kind of have to give it to Soundwave by default.

Although to be fair, I would've probably given it to Soundwave anyway :lol 

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm voting Soundwave for now but I kinda hope Shockwave comes along in TF3 to settle things.

7. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Shockwave.
    Soundwave always defended and was loyal to Megatron, true, but he switched to Starscream's rule easily as soon as Starscream dumped Megatron in '86 movie and SW didn't even try to stop Starscream.
    Shockwave never faltered.

8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan Well-Hated Member

News Credits:
    Hard to say, Shockwave isn`t in the movies, and Soundwaves character isn`t explored. So without being influenced by G1, I`d have to say Soundwave, as he seemed to be only one trying to find Megatron, while Shockwave was presumably back on Cybertron, maybe getting his face and neck reinforced, before travelling to Earth!

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good observation about Soundwave but let's not forget he too fought for leadership aboard Astrotrain. Its like his tech specs - he is an opportunist. It could be that he helped carry the injuried Megs to win further favour but when it was deemed that the latter was too injured to continue, he made a grab for leadership.

If its the G1 cartoons, I say Shockwave wins it. My arguement - in the pilot episode he tells Megs that Cyberton will as it is or something along those lines and it literally was. During Meg's stasis long for 4 million years, Shockwave did not make himself as Decepticon leader.

However, if its the comics such as the Marvel or DW ones Shockwave is one of the most power hungry Deceptions and has overthrown Megs.

10. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    From my point of view, it seems as though Soundwave is definitely the most loyal. He did some very important work up there, in space, even finding Megatron's corpse and the AllSpark shard. If that's not loyalty, I don't know what is.

11. retro.obsessed

retro.obsessed Banned

Actually Lugnut From Transformers Animated should be in this class. He is different in that he is a lot bigger, stronger and more aggressive than than those two Soundwave and Shockwave. All is talks about is the great Megatron

Another one is Cyclonus from G1. Cyclonus was the perfect weapon. Mean, Loyal, noble, great fighter, fearless

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    This my friends, is a robo-crack head who has no idea what he's on about

13. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lugnut ;)