Most Impressive/Least Impressive?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jourdo, Jul 19, 2008.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Many of our fav characters have shown up in multiple toy lines. What (in your opinion) has been the most impressive & least impressive incarnations of the character?

Let's start with the big two: Optimus Prime & Megatron

For me, the most impressive version of Optimus is the Masterpiece edition. It is as good as a figure can get. Least impressive would have to go to Energon Prime. I could never really get over the Power Ranger look to him.

Megatron is a little tougher. I am really impressed with the current Animated Leader version and would definitely rank this one quite high. Least impressive... hmmm... I need to think on this one for a bit.

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Bear in mind I dont own Animated Leader Megs yet so Im not going to rate him.

Megatron
    Most Impressive: G2. I know its a neon brick, but I absolutely LOVE that toy. MEGATRON ATTACK! Cannot wait for the Universe legends version
    Least Impressive: Machine Wars as I don't think its particuarly fitting for the character, but I do want to get it at some point because I like the mold.

Optimus
    Most Impressive: Cybertron leader. Freaking awesome toy. And his guns are huge :D 
    Least Impressive: Energon. Not a fan of his looks at all.

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Most Impressive Prime? While I really liked MP/20th Prime, I think it's a tie between Classics Prime and Leader Class Movie Prime.

Classics Prime just has the whole G1 thing, with an extra dose of badass.

Leader Movie Prime just floored me as how that robot could turn into that truck... and vice versa. Actually, come to think of it, I think that gives him the edge on Classics Prime. Not necessarily better, but more impressive.

Least impressive... Alternators Optimus Prime. What a disappointment.

Megatron now. Hm. This one's harder for me, because I don't have a lot of Megatron experience. I'm going to have to give most impressive to RiD Megatron, with his enormous number of alt modes. Least impressive goes to Movie Voyager Megatron.

Of course, this is drawing from a pool of Voyager and Leader movie megatrons, Classics, RiD and Cybertron Megatrons.

4. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Animated Jazz is very awesome compared to the bizzare shattered glass evil clone and movie Jazz.

5. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Most Impressive

Classics Megatron (Henkei edition)-A great update for Megatron and most like the original outside of MP Megatron which I hear (don't own) has all kinds of problems (although he does look cool!).

Classics Optimus Prime-This IS my Optimus Prime. Great update and really love the smokestack gun. Overall very impressed with the mold.

Least Impressive

RID Megatron-mainly because I didn't like how weak the joints were on the one I acquired. It could be though that it was a QC issue and others of the same kind were better.

Animated Optimus Prime-He just looks TERRIBLE. QC issues that we have been hearing about aside I honestly can't stand the look they gave Optimus for Animated (well the whole line either but that is another topic). The faceplate does help a little but the overall appearance really kills it.

6. Obvious Prime

Obvious Prime Purple Repaint

News Credits:
    Prime:
    Most Impressive: Henkei - I love the Classics mold, but the Henkei colours are SO much better, IMO.
    Least Impressive: Energon - Not really feelin' the Power Rangers look.

Megs:
    Most Impressive: Henkei - Same reason as Henkei Prime.
    Least Impressive: Movie Leader - Just.... Ugh. Transform him wrong, he breaks. Plus I really never liked his movie design.

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Most Impressive:
    Optimus: Tie between 20th Anniversary Op and Movie Leader Op. Classics Prime is awesome as well, but not quite as awesome as those two.

Megatron: Masterpiece Megs, Classics Megs in second.

Least Impressive:
    Optimus: Either the Classics Deluxe or Alternators. Both are pretty terrible. I was fairly disappointed in Animated Voyager Op...floppy, faceplate gimmick was horribly done, and the alt mode is horrible. But it's not as bad as the other two.

Megatron: Armada Megs. I actually like it, but the lack of modern articulation killed it (same goes for most of the rest of Armada too)

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Most Impressive
    Prime-Gotta give it to either movie Leader Prime, Masterpiece Convoy, or Animated Voyager Prime.

Megatron-Either Henkei, Masterpiece (aesthetically) or Animated Leader.

Least Impressive
    Prime-Classics 2 Pack
    Megatron-Classics 2 Pack

9. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Most impressive Optimus: Movie Leader class. An absolutely amazing transformation from an incredible vehicle mode into a fantastic robot.

Least impressive Optimus: G2 Go-Bot. Generic future Spychanger with Prime's name slapped on him? No thanks.

Most impressive Megatron: This is a tough one. I guess I'll go with Animated, as he looks really damn cool.

Least impressive Megatron: Movie Leader class. Nothing says "I'm a terrifying machine of destruction" like little pink fairy wings. :rolleyes2 

10. optimus major

optimus major Banned

News Credits:
    most impressive
    masterpiece and classics voyager prime's
    masterpiece and classics voyager megs'

least impressive
    energon prime
    RID megatron

11. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Prime: most - MP, least - Go-Bot.
    Megs: most - MP, least - Beast Machines.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Megatron:

Most in terms of character design: Movie. In terms of toy design: Animated Leader.

Least: Go-bots.

Starscream:

Most in terms of character design: IDW F-22 Screamer. In terms of toy: tie between Animated Voyager and Hasbro MP.

Least: Machine Wars.

Optimus Prime:

Most as far as character design: Movie or MP. Most in toy design: Animated Voyager.

Least: Either Classics Prime, mostly the two-pack as he has no real redeeming qualities unlike the Voyager.

13. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Most impressive

Prime: Got to be classic arm kibble be damned that is one bad ass peace of toy perfection.

Megatron: much harder, lots of poor outing few good ones hero megs from g2 probably he best we’ve had e megatron was a very cool galvatron though.

Least Impressive

Prime: A or E were both awful but alt prime I honestly think is worth outing, looks very little like prime body wise and a bugger to transform.

Megatron: Either master peace or classics one spidery legged and a pain to transform the other a robo disco fairy.

14. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Most Impressive Prime: MP, Animated Voyager
    Most Impressive Megs: MP, Animated Leader

Don't have an opinion for least impressives.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    most impressive mp prime and megs, animated a close second
    least impressive beast wars/machine wars,

16. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Most Impressive :

Movie Leader Optimus, hands down my favorite Optimus Prime toy.
    Star Wars Tranformers the Death Star - A perfect ball

Least Impressive:

Some of the Energon toys were just Horrid
    A lot of the G1 toys were often badly designed as well.