Most frustrating/annoying level in a game...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Jetcols, May 21, 2009.

1. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    That's especially true during the dam level....too much stuff that you could crash into.

2. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:

No kidding.

Protecting Drayman Transports in Wing Commander. Seriously, it's like they're made out of tissue paper.

Protecting well, anything in any game is always frustrating. People at a control or reading/casting a spell, protecting an item or object, protecting a "comrade". Any of it, it's always frustrating, especially if the enemy focuses exclusively on them and not you.

I could never beat the Thunderbird in Zelda II. I could never beat Super Mario Brothers (1). I've never finished Prince of Persia: Sands of Time or Legacy of Kain: Defiance.

I always felt that Aliens Vs Predator (PC) was a jip. Regardless of what species you play, you're really handicapped. As an Alien, you can take two shots before you die, as a Predator everything takes too much power and you run out of energy way too fast (That using even infra-red vision drains your battery; that's just wrong, not to mention that you've only got about 10 full power shots with either the gun or the shoulder cannon before you've depleted your battery). The Marine isn't too bad until you get swarmed, then you're torn to ribbons unless you have a really good gun and plenty of ammo. I ended up playing through the game by downloading a completed game save and entering debug mode to get infinte ammo/health/weapons. Then for added fun, I can change the game timerate, so everything is in slow motion, which can be a bit fun, playing in slow motion with a pair of pistols as the Marine.

3. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bionic commando rearmed. Area 6.

This stage annoyed the crap outta me as a kid on the NES, and its even worse in the remake. They should have revamped some of that archaic level design. It is NOT fun making it up those buildings, then missing a jump and falling back down. Also, the top down confrontations dont spawn extra lives as often.

4. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    One other thing I'd like to mention:

ANY level in any megaman series where the back wall pushes you along...or any of the bike levels

I also found the volcano level in X...6 I think to be fusturation as well.

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Mario Cart Double Dash 150cc, Rainbow Road.

6. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Anyone remember playing as Blackout trying to kill Ironhide? It had me questioning if the game was badly programmed or if I did suck that much.

Only after I bought TFTM on Blu-Ray did I notice the short scene where Ironhide picks up a car, tries to throw it at Blackout, then Blackout shoots Ironhide, transforms into a helicopter, and flies away.

I had to rewind many times. And then I exclaimed, "WOW. Blackout's been playing his own game. He knows the right tactics!"

7. Vizer

Vizer Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ninja Gaiden. NES original. 6-2. 'Nuff said.

8. myhobby

myhobby Back From Outer Space

kingdom hearts 2

you may not think this game would have "most frustrating, throw-your-controller-at-the-wall" moments, but...

demyx.
    darn you demyx.
    his bio states that he isn't a good fighter.
    you've already beaten his "challenge" in the underworld.
    you see him in hollow bastion and he acts like a spaze.
    i didn't even know his name. "i can look it up in the obituaries"
    two words. "silence, traitor."
    awesome music starts playing.
    you fight.
    suddenly. "dance, water! dance!"
    10 forms in how many seconds!?!
    instant death.
    pwned by the lamer.
    repeatedly.
    sure, i beat him eventually.
    yeah, it made the game longer. (i love long games, if they are good.)
    but still.
    10 forms in how many seconds!?!
    repeatedly!?!
    it stinks, ya know?:lol 

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Well, crap, I blocked that out. Yeah, I rented it for PS2, and was depressed by how broken the game was. That's as far as I got in the game before I had to return it.

Transform in the air and fall to the ground, unable to do anything until you land on the ground. Jump and hit the transform button and you'll land from the jump and then transform. A multihit combo you can't start or control. Blech.

10. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was a royal pain in the ass. The game made no effort to tell you that you have throw a car/other object at him to stun him first, so you can get a few licks in before he goes all invincible and runs away. Rinse and repeat about a dozen times...

11. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

I also like to mention the following:

That damned speed stage in Gradius 3 before the Boss Rush (where you fight like 5-6 bosses), one false move and you end up crashing into a dead end or pillar... God, I hate it when that happens :lol 

all of Stage 4, including the part where avoiding the lava-like stuff is a pain and when you fight the boss (with Mode 7 background) in R-Type III: The Third Lightning

12. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Anything ice or water themed is awful.