Most favorite toyline so far?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotMarine, Mar 3, 2008.

1. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Movie, animated and then armada. Dont hate on me. Energon and cybertron can bite my shiny metal ass.

2. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    My favourite TF toyline? That's easy! Beast Wars NEO!

I have every figure, and the only one I've ever had any kind of issues with is Randy. And even he looks great, it's just that that damn GPS issue has destroyed 2 already. So many great "new mold" figures mixed with some very slick repaints. Love it. Mach Kick, Big Convoy, Magmatron, Killerpunch, Break, Archadis... just so many great toys!

3. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

armada was good but i think cybertron was a little to kiddie i have to say either beast wars or the movie but animated actually looks better than both.

please dont flame me.

4. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My top five...

(1) TFTM 2007
    (2) Energon
    (3) Classics
    (4) Beast Wars Transmetals (technically a subline, but hey...)
    (5) G1

5. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Classics, Alternator/Binaltech, and (soon to be) Animated. G1 and Beast Wars get honorable mention.

6. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    1) Cybertron. Wow, am I ever a sucker for this one. Maybe it's the key gimmick, the high detail and articulation level, or the more imaginative and useful repaints, but if it had a Cyber Key I had to have it.

2) Classics. Wow, every figure released was solid (Okay, two pack Prime maybe not) and great modernized versions of the classic characters. The best way of bringing G1 back, surpassed in that aspect only by...

3) Alternators. This list is in order, Classics I prefer to Alts because of the added variety and without being overly complex. But the level of detail and engineering in Alternators was phenomenal and especially with the die-cast Binal Techs, the closest we'll get to modern G1 figures.

Then there's this other one that's very quickly surpassing all my other lines I love...

4) Animated. I've got deluxe Prime, Bumblebee, and Bulkhead, and so far each has impressed me more than the last. The accuracy is great, articulation and engineering is fantastic, and it's amazing how little kibble the line features, what there is gets used well. Megatron's on the way and I only hear better things about Voyager Prime, Starscream, and Lockdown. And I didn't think anything would give Universe 2.0 a run for it's money...

7. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    Alts and Masterpiece for me. G1 as a close second to Classics, as Classics only had a limited release of characters. Definitely waiting for Classics 2.0 to come out.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    The movie line.

Though Animated is so taking its place. Looks beyond amazing.

9. lookinglasself

lookinglasself crush/destroy

Binaltech/Alternators, Masterpiece, then Classics. The Movie line comes in at 4th for me. Hopefully Universe will be just as good and continue where Classics left off, can't wait for them.

10. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Well, it's a hard decision but so far my three favorite:

1- RID: Aboslutely incredible molds and engineering.

2- Beast Wars NEO: Another lines full of awesome new molds and repaints.

3- Movie: Awesome and detailed real figures.

Another favorites, not listed because I like only part of the collection: BM Vehicons and Superlink Destrons.

I may have posted Binaltech Alternators, but the fact that when you get Smokescreen you get 90% of all the molds, makes me think of this line as a non original one.

11. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

g1 (playability is low, but can't beat the good old memory), also since most of the g1 is "made in japan", the plastic quality is just outstanding.

Alternator/Binaltech, very very nice figures! Can't really play with those, but they look really nice, and plastic on those are quite good too.