Most expensive toy auction bids...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by CZ Hazard, May 26, 2010.

1. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    ...you've then lost.

I once bid $1,000 on a MISB Japanese Predaking box-set. And got outbid!
    The guy did me a favour in all honesty as I was happy with the reissue that came out about a year later.
    I was watching a Japanese MIB Overlord on ebay last week and was just about to bid, but it rocketed up to £700 so I stayed away.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    None. Because I cant afford to bid that much :p .

3. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about most expensive bid but if I get outbid soon on this item right now.. after I put in WAY more than whats it worth... I'm going to be pissed. I think the seller is shill bidding because the same 3 people are driving up all of this auctions.:mad 

4. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^700 USD on an MIB unused C-326 Galaxy Shuttle..!! ;) 

But I didn't loose that.... :p 

5. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I don't buy some expensive toys, can't afford them. And when it comes to things that cost a bit, (which for me is actually £50+, lame) I don't lose. I've lost once or twice on eBay and I hate when it happens. But if I'm bidding a lot on eBay it's because I really want the toy, therefore I'll bid really high.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I can't believe that everyone wants Overlord, not when I'm having hell selling my MIB piece awhile back. :cry 

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    would not be a very high amount for me asi could not affords to bid very high in I did Ebay.

8. Arkvander

Arkvander Optimal Optimist TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I once put in a max bid of $150 for a MIB Action Master Sprocket and got outbid. It was an emotional decision on my part (obviously) but the guy did me a huge favor. I turned right around and bought one on BBTS for under $50 in the same condition. Auction bidding just gets too emotional, I try to stay away from it as much as I can anymore.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not Transformers, but I was looking for a MMPR Titanus awhile ago. Found one on eBay, MISB, for dirt cheap, but on the last day, got into a bidding war with some dude. IIRC, I wound up pushing the bid up to about $500, but in the end, he won.

I kinda got carried away with the thought of the MISB-ness, as I had just won the Megazord and Dragonzord MISB for relatively cheap, and needed the Titanus to complete the Ultrazord.

But then, after the dust had settled, took a deep breath, realized how stupid I was being, and BINed an open-boxed, but still good-condition, complete Titanus for about $80. Once that one arrived, I realized I just would've chucked the box anyways, seeing as it was ginormous, and thanked god that the other guy had more money than brains.

10. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I paid around £600 for my MIB Fort Max from eBay.

Typing that amount in as your bid is more than a little nervewracking! Clicking on 'submit bid' is like jumping off a cliff (or what I would imagine that feels like!)

Also I got my MIB Roadbuster and Whirl for about £400 each from the same seller within minutes of each other. My heart was racing at the time I can tell you! Especially as I had put in far more than that in order to actually win them...

11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I don't bid for toys online too often. I did once come across a G1 Jetfire still sealed on Ebay sometime within the past couple years, and I bid up until $250. By the time it sold it was close to $600, which to me was not worth it but I also expected that to happen, though I was kinda hoping I would get lucky.

12. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Something I've always been annoyed by is people bidding on things when they have days to go!

I can understand if say....you're going out to work and won't be around for a bid ending, therefore leave a very high max bid, but when there's a day or more to go DON'T FUCKING BID!!! (unless it's something I'm selling of course....).

13. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Fortress Maximus summer 1998. Bid $2000 in the last 7 seconds... first job out of college.
    Money burning a hole in my pocket. Young, impatient.

Had to have it so i could exorcise the demons from my childhood where the only time it
    was ever availabe in my part of the world was a color in contest... where i lost to a vastly inferior entry.

I was outbid.

2 days later I got one for $900. On the third day the seller of the first one sent me a message and asked if i was still intersted becasue the high bidder wanted to pay him in installments......over 6 months.

14. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't know, maybe $100? I've got better things to spend money on than insanely priced plastic.

15. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't bid on ebay auctions because I always lose by like $1.

16. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

usually I try to stay on the low end of things. Think the most expensive I ever got was when wife ok'd me to try for a MIB 80% complete Trypticon a year or two back. It got up to $100 and I stopped. Ebay can get ya hooked into way past what you're realistically willing to do

17. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

I bid $1100 on a complete set of the Jap Headmasters (ie, Shuffler, Trizer, etc). I got outbid by $200ish.

I think a year later, Shuffler himself was going for that. I always felt that was an anomaly, and he was more in the $400 range, though.

18. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    :confused2 

19. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

$600 for MIB Mechabot-1...and lost....

Whoa Nelly!

Now i have two...one original one and the KO one with the silver chrome rocket arms and head!

20. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Overlord MIB... yeah, i saw this one, I bid on it (days before the end of the auction: bite me!), but lost interest due to it going for too high for this MIB.
    Having won a perfectly good and almost complete European Overlord (only missing one missile) two weeks ago for a fraction of that money also influenced my decision not to push it any further: there will be others.
    Also, a MIB Japanese Brave Max had my attention and cash last week :D 

Back on topic, I've bid some pretty large sums for TF's in the past: a single auction for a collection of Japanese g1's including Road Caesar and Liokaiser comes to mind which I bid over $1500 for, but which still went for a lot more (of course)... Still not sure if that hurt or if I should be relieved.