Most expensive G1 TF

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unicron's blues, May 21, 2007.

1. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    My recollection was that it actually sold for that, but I don't really remember to be honest.

2. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

I looked into having AFA grade and case my MISB Scorponok. It would have cost $175 + $25for return shipping/insurance. All together about $220 when you factor in me shipping it to them. I'd like to have ONE item graded by them, just to have for s*its and giggles, but I can't justify doing it for something I'll never sell. I personally think the most consistently expensive item on ebay is a gem boxed Jetfire, around $2000, and the're freakin' everywhere. Can't believe the demand for such a common(mass MASS produced figure). I remember an old magazine called Toy Shop in the 90's and some dealers advertisments would show multiple opened cases with 4 or 6 MISB Jetfires in each.

Speaking of AFA. Do a COMPLETED search on ebay for the He-Man Eternia playset.
    It should bring up a guy who was selling a AFA graded/cased one that was for a "Buy It Now" price of $12,000. Understand that the real cost in AFA grading depends on the toys size, not really value. I contacted him about how much he paid for the grading(1500?). All he would tell me is that it was MORE than $1500. I also contacted the freight company(it's an oversized item, unmailable through normal channels) for the cost of shipping the item to me. $275. So too sum it up, HE shelled out at least $2100 to get the item graded by AFA, shipped to AFA, and returned. HERE IS THE BEST PART: It was graded AFA 50, YES FIFTY, I've never, never, never seen an item with a grade that low. Why bother? He basically handed over TWO-GRAND to have someone verify he has a sealed toy in a shitty box. My beta-fish could have done that.

One last note: Someone shelled out(over many credit cards) around $10,000 at one of the Botcons, through a silent auction, for that fugly 1987 Hasbro Unicron prototype.

3. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    they did make a KO battle gaea and a guard city.

4. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^
    Interesting. I've never seen one of either; must have been a very small run compared to the oceans of Baldigus and Bruticus KOs.

5. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
  6. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    same seller had a guard city also cances are they are both junk plastic

8. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    got one of my grails coming...KO MIB autobot menasor via jason jupiter(user on this board).

9. cobra zartan

News Credits:
    I used to remember seeing these when i first got back into collecting for dirt cheap, they look nifty

10. pmoverlord-1972

pmoverlord-1972 the enforcer of all

i got a g1 japan balck zarak mib for $800.00