Most Cumbersome Transformer to play with

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I vote for G1 Omega Supreme. I just got him and forgotten how many parts he comes with. Simple to do, but a lot of parts to take with you when playing with him. And a lot to put together during the transformation process.
    So, in your experience and your opinion, what do you think is the most cumbersome?
    Still gotta love OS, he's just awesome!

2. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cybertron Supreme Starscream. Too huge and clunky, a vehicle mode that isn't worth the fight it takes it get there, and a robot mode that's ugly and unappealing.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    FORT MAX!!!!! while fun, i just like to mention you have to have a lot of room and you have to stand up to transform, still fun as hell

4. K.I.T.T

K.I.T.T Active Member

I know you guys will think Im but crazy but I think ROTF Mixmaster is really cumbersome cause his cement drum/arm guards always fall on me during transformation and you have to get everything line up perfect in vehicle mode

5. trex5000

trex5000 Autobot

Ebay:
    i'll 2nd an ROTF toy, sounds stupid, but SCALPEL is so irritating, literally 20 min ago i was transforming this guy and honestly i forgot how to, and it took me 8 tries before i realized im not supposed to transform him from a microscope into a differently shaped microscope.:eek: 

Sometimes i feel like - just let me stick with G1 Op or mini bots
    hahahaha

6. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I got you all beat,Cybertron Primus,he is somewhat easy to transform design wise,but
    the joints on him are so tight its hard to fold his legs out from his upper body.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    going by the word cumbersome, fort max wins hands down

8. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Fort Max aside, I'd have to say Armada/Energon Unicron. Those damn arms of his have to EXACTLY right for the planet mode. Not to mention his damned wings and planet half "wings" NEVER want to stay in place.

9. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    A lot of the movie toys imo. They look really cool, but parts and panels keep popping off and loosening when you try to "play" with some of them.

10. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

Cumbersome? For me it's eiter ROTF Leader Jetfire or Star Wars Crossovers Darth Vader/Death Star.

11. pantherfan1

pantherfan1 Autobot

Couldn't agree more.

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

I'd like to add my Masterpiece Megatron. I still can not figure out how to finish transforming him. I get him close to looking like a gun, but I can not for the life of me figure out how to bring his leg's up and into locking position to form the gun's handle. So, I just leave him in robot mode and plan on getting the G1 version which is already in gun-mode and keep THAT in gun mode instead.
    I was pleased at how simple Masterpiece Skywarp is to transform. Keep going this look's like a great thread!

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    for my personal experience i have to vote ROTF Supreme Devy! while his transformation is easy the force needed to connect everything up is quite a bit and his weight makes him a pain to keep balanced while putting him together! and mixmaster not wanting shut up doesn't help

14. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    UBB

15. kylash327

kylash327 TOOOOOOYS!

News Credits:
    RID Omega Prime, friggn falls apart and cant stand etc etc

16. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

The original seekers and Roadbuster. So many easily broken and/or lost little parts. :( 

17. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

For me it's either RoTF Leader Jetfire or Ultimate Bee.

18. Anthony Adams

Anthony Adams Well-Known Member

Hmm....in my most recent experience (all my G1 figures were dead easy 13 plus years ago when i last played with them) I'd have to go for ROTF Leader Prime.

Why?

It takes me SO DAMN LONG to get his cab and hood assembly done when morphing to truck. (which he's still in here on the desk next to my keyboard, I have MP Skywarp in bot mode on his base next to my tablet, holding Doc Arcaville in his right hand)

Took me 3:30 to 3:40 (12:50 am to about 3:20-30 am) JUST to slot those damn fake-hood pieces into his arms. I'm SURE those fake headlights were put there on the mold to hinder the transformation to Truck mode, they keep getting in the way! and lets not forget, there are too many tabs on the hood peieces that fold up over his arms. The two tabs that are closest to the cab WON'T slot together WIHTOUT EXCESSIVE FORCE, if feels like i'm gonna break the tabs off.

I'm tellin' ya, I'm really close to either glueing prime together in truck mode, or CUTTING OFF the aforementioned hood tabs and fake headlights. Oh yeah, and getting the top section to tabe into the bottom section of the truck is a bitch too, and also lets not forget, the left front wheel tab likes to pop out of it's socket while i'm try to line up the two truck halves.

First time I transformed Prime on my birthday, it took me OVER 12 DAMN HOURS to get him into truck mode first time.

WHAT THE HELL were Hasbro thinking when they designed that transformation? Who ever came up with the 5yr old age rating for that figure needs to be shot.

Ok, mini-rant over. :p 

19. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I like how this is about "cumbersome" and not "difficult"...

A lot of some of the very cool ROTF toys are pretty cumbersome. ROTF Jetfire, Optimus, Mixmaster, to name a few. Not particularly difficult, but getting all those pieces in the right place... bleh.

I don't really have anything bigger than Leader class, aside from my Cybertron Primus (who is no problem for me, his ratchet joints are just loud)... wish I had a Fort Max I could "complain" about... :lol 

My ROTF Bludgeon requires a good deal of force to move his torso up and down along his "spine" too.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Judging by last night, Cybertron Metroplex.

That bitch has the loudest clicking ratchet joints ever. And my girlfriend was trying to sleep some 10 feet away.