Most accurate G1 Fansproject Insecticons (NO MODS NECESSARY!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by primatives, Oct 30, 2011.

1. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

Hey guys I wasn't sure where to post this thread but I thought that for those that have the FP Insecticons and wanted an accurate G1 look I manage to find ways to replicate the G1 look as much as I can and its AWESOME!! Hope you enjoy.

With Kickback all you need to do is take off the tab that is connected to the waist and swap it round to the other side so the wings can stand straight and remove the bug legs from the ball joint so it doesnt get in the way of the wings, its quite simple!!

Be cautious when pulling at it to avoid stress marks

Enjoy!!!

I wonder if FP did this on purpose? I'm not sure but man I am soooooooo glad I manage to get it this accurate! :) 

Sorry about the pics, its from my phone.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one I don't put in the G1 configuration is Shrapnel. Those giant claws on his shoulders look so ridiculous. The insect leg kibble sticking up is enough for me.

3. primatives

primatives Well-Known Member

Yeah, i know what you mean but when you compare it with the G1 toy as a reference it doesnt look as bad. just needs some getting use to, i do think if the head was slightly bigger it wouldn't look as bad, but it grows on you. But all to thier own :) 

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I think the small head is definitely part of the reason I don't like it. On the G1 toy everything is more proportioned well.

5. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    Good call! Did almost same things after I got em, just figured someone had to of posted their examples already. Flipped the wing connectors around on kickback too, but I like the insect legs on them. I had the long claws on shrapnel too, but kinda decided I prefer the shorter.

[​IMG]

6. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I feel the same way and I also use the insect legs instead of the claws. I don't know, I have always felt that the antennas on the shoulders were goofy looking even in G1.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    with the extra weapons for shrapnel, i use the extra pinwheel and two full length claws on his back with it for the shoulder things, that way i can still use the gauntlets and the other pinwheel as well

8. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    This thread hurts my hears. I have Shrapnel but the other two are waiting in my OOH :( 

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

First thing I did when I got these awesome guys out of their packaging was try and get them looking as accurate to the G1 figures as possible. I have heard a few 'meh' comments about them in reviews but for me they are fantastic!
    I really couldn't give two shits about all the stuff like Backfiery's knives or Stormbomb's chain, I just want them with their various antennae/wings etc like they had in G1, and they have,and that makes me happy :D