Mospeada: Who else collects?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by wheeljaxx, Mar 6, 2008.

1. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

(this is NOT a thread for all of Robotech, or Macross, just Genesis Climber Mospeada)

Knowing there is a Ride Armor thread already, i wanted a general thread for the rest of the toys.

I'm just getting back into Mospeada, NOT new generation.... There is a difference... lol

I've got the new Mega house Ride Armor coming, and i won a vintage Ride Armor model kit, and plan to get more model kits, but was wondering who else here has been collecting Mospeada toys, weather they are Robotech or strickly Mospeada figures.

Show off your Collections.

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I got the Red Robotech Alpha Fighter and the quality was appauling. It broken in so many places I had to throw it out. I'm eyeing the CM's one but seeing their past attempts at transforming figures I might not bother.

3. dlatkow

dlatkow Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have never watched the actual Mospeada version. Is it much better?

I've been buying robotech toys forever it seems. I have all 3 of the large Gakken Alpha fighters, A few of the smaller alphas from the same time period , original boxed Cyclone and those 3 cheesy small cyclones. I use to have a loose cyclone but sold it off to a buddy a long time back. I wish I'd kept it now though. I miss transforming it and have come really close to opening the boxed one several times.

I'm patiently(yeah right..) waiting for taotoys to ship me the 2 megahouse cyclones I pre-ordered last year.

4. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been collecting Mospeada stuff for a while but haven't gotten a chance to get any of the new stuff. The CMs ride armors are tiny but decent. I just hate the price. I'm really looking forward to the Mega House ones though.

5. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm waiting for a decent Legioss/Tread set. CM's ride armor looks horrible, and I'm not about to blow $270 on their legioss knowing how bad their other items from the same series look. And toynami can bite me, I'm not buying a figure that breaks if you stare at it too hard.

It'd be nice if Yamato or Mega House made a Legioss set, I'd definitely pick it up.

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

Yeah, it's a bit different overall. same basic concept... aliens invade, people are afraid to fight back, are against helping the resistance, etc, but there are enough differences to warrant you watch the original story.
    one big difference though is the ending. HUGE difference with the "shadow" fighters. not going to spoil anything, but you can the entire series if you know where to look.

7. musitards

musitards Banned

I recently got the CM's version, I love it! And because of that, I'll probably end up buying the original and the Megahouse version as well.

8. Kluster Bombs

Kluster Bombs Real One

I got the CM's cyclones and i like them. Im not sure if i will buy the MH though, unless Toynami releases them in the US like its rumored.

9. sh002

sh002 Banned

Some old school stuff.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the little ride armor from?

11. sh002

sh002 Banned

It's a custom I made with putty and a plastic motorcycle and rider toy.

12. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I gots this:

[​IMG]

If anyone has details or a Tread that goes with it, I'd be interested.

13. sh002

sh002 Banned

[​IMG]

14. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's a damn shame no company has done modern justice for the Legioss. Seems to me that the best Legioss toy is the 1/35 Gakken.

Even the CM's "Stiq upgrade" set from what I hear, cannot transform with the fixed posed hands attached.

15. openchallenge

openchallenge Plastic based

I don't know if you can call it collecting but here are the first two transforming toys I ever owned.I found the little cyclone at a store next to the larger gakken figure most people have. I could only afford the little guy. I finally got a masterpiece cyclone a few years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mospeda1.jpg

mpcyclonerand.jpg