Non-TF: Mortal Kombat Reptile v2

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by whiskeytango, Nov 27, 2010.

1. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

Up now is my first version 2.0 of someone, outside of Deadpool. I made a Reptile awhile ago with a Hand Ninja, but I was never really satisfied with it. Probably because the articulation on the hand ninja just seems really limited. Also, that was when I was just starting, so I thought I could probably do better now.

He's quite obviously inspired by Loose Collectors Scorpion and Sub-Zero. In fact, I didn't really look at any screen shots of Reptile until after I had started, so he ended up with more of Sub-Zeros costume elements than the actual character model has, such as the look of the shin guards and the quilted under armor. With his armor, i went with an asymmetrical look on his arm guards, so he's got a big metal bracer with a tooth design on his left arm, and a kind of tekken glove with more quilted armor on his right. On his shin guards, I sculpted them both identically, and then snapped off a big portion of the right one to make it look like he'd be in a fight or two. One of my favorite aspects of Reptiles design are the teeth on his face mask, so i wanted to make sure to include those. To help push home the reptilian look, I did the alternating black and green squares, cause it really reminded me of a striped snake of some sort. I also left the claws on BPs boots, cause i thought it was fitting. Other than the Reptile themed stuff, the only difference between this ninja and LC's are his elbows, upper arms, and shoulders are from Ninja Strike Wolverine instead of Wonderman, but thats just because thats what I had handy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Too cool. Even with the slight change on the armor, he's still excellent for the colors and face.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

Being a huge fan of MK, this is rather amazing to see on these boards. Good work man, I'm wanting to do something like this some day.

4. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Fuck yes! I should finish my Joe-scaled Kano.
    Reptile never had teeth on his mask in the games though, but it does suit him very well. The eyes don't look right though. Those would be Ermac's eyes, not Reptile's. Still, this looks very nice, way better than most other MK Customs i've seen.

5. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

I dig Reptile and this is no exception he's one of the favorite masked ninjas of Mortal Kombat that I like including Sub Zero and Scorpion.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

It sort of reminds me of Baraka and Ermac in the face.

7. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

I got the teeth idea from some pictures of him I saw online, though it easily could have been fan art. I really haven't kept up on the games, so I'm not even sure what hes supposed to look like now. I just know I'm not a fan of the all lizard versions of him, or really him from MK4. If 4 was the one where they added the weapons.

I just did the eyes like that cause I thought they were fitting for him. I did glowing red first, but it didn't look very good.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

Yeah, the first three MK games were where it's at. It was Deadly Alliance I believe that started the use of weapons. As for the teeth, they still look badass, fan art or official, he's a reptilian, it just seems fitting. My only true complaint about what you've done, his shoulder straps should come out more on top. They start from the bottom, and slowly get wider until they reach the shoulder, then they come to a point at the end. It would make him look more broad shouldered and game accurate.

9. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

nicce reptile was the best IMO

10. Rhinox555

MK4 started with them, MKDA (MK5) expended on them. MK4 and MKDA kind of sucked hard. MK: Deception (6) and up were very good though. And of course, if what we've seen so far is any indication, the new MK is going to be the best one yet.

11. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Banned

It seems to capture the old feel very well from what I'v seen. The graphics look very well, the characters look classic, but updated, and the fatalities, oh god the fatalities. I will say Deception had an excellent Konquest mode, where MKDA was lacking. Armageddon wasn't terrible either, and an impressive roster of characters.

12. Rhinox555

I should probably mention MK vs DCU was actually very good. It was just too small, and the fatalities were toned down because they couldn't have Batman's guts flying around the screen. It's feel is actually the excact middlepoint between MK Armageddon and the classic games. The actual fighting system was amazing.