Moron teenager almost kills self with gum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Optimus Sledge, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This was a UK school ?

Wow

My school doesn't hand out Gum

2. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    :lol  I think we may have a contender for the Darwin awards, folks.

3. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

This kid got it from someone else who smoked. Thus proving my addiction theory to be more plausible.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    yeah, but did your parents ever tell you not to do that? I don't think it's a matter of needing tighter controls or better parenting. ...There are things that simply shouldn't have to be pointed out.

Some dumbasses are just gonna injure themselves one way or another. Short of constant supervision, there's really nothing that can be done about it.

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Sorry, which hypothesis (theory means something else) was that? You've posted so many ideas, I lose track of which one you're referring to.
    If your kid is dumb enough to do this sort of thing, you're going to see other signs of it. That he's still trying to shove forks into electrical sockets, asking how they get so many little people in the television, etc. If your child is that dumb, you have to resign yourself to being with him 24/7. Or letting nature take it's course.

6. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Yeah he got so addicted to niccotine,he chewed that much gum in 45 minutes. Seriously,that's just dumb. And he also thought that gum in a package that says Nicorette and is covered in warnings and tastes like a horse's ass was regular Bubbilicious.

The world would be no poorer for this moron's passing.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  7. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

Wow. Why the hell would the schoolhouse hand out nicotine to a 12 year old without parental permission? Seriously, WTF? I understand we're a little bit different here in the States. See this is that condoms/birth control/ free baby give away in High School all over again. Minors have no business making these kind of medical decisions for themselves even though I thought my Mum was dumb as a box of rocks. I'll admit it now though I'd never admit it then, she was right, she was always right. I have to side with the Mother on this one, that school and ultimately the State had no right to hand that crap out to her kid.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Same here- this is a way bigger WTF than what the kid did in my opinion. o_o

9. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dumb.

Incidentally, it was on the playground that I chewed my first craptastic piece of nicorette.

10. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    What exactly does the "H" stand for?

11. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Your mom wanted you to keep smoking cigarettes?

Harold.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That kid + that school = BAD COMBO

13. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

So you guys think people are dumb for OD on Pain Killers? What about alcohol? I never been addicted to anything but I can understand if a person mental state hits an irrational level. Who says this kid was rational for choosing to eat another piece. I thought that was a true definition of an addiction, when you cannot or its hard to reason to not have something.

BTW I'm addicted to the ladies :D 

14. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

So close to earning that Darwin award.

15. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

I like how the mother says "it's being passed around the playground!" Someone should tell her that her son is no longer five years old and that this is a high school.
    Presumably, the thought is that the kids will not opt for the nicotine gum if it required parental consent because they don't want their parents to know they smoke, and thus it would serve no purpose. Since the gum can be legally purchased by anyone over 12 anyway, I don't see what the problem is. Nicotine gum is not a "medical decision"; it doesn't require a prescription or anything.
    Also, you seem to have things a little backwards; condoms and birth control help prevent a "free baby".
    Also... "schoolhouse"? I missed the part of the article where the story took place in like, the Old West or something.
    I'm pretty sure it's really, really difficult to develop an actual, fullblown, uncontrollable compulsion-to-the-point-of-ODing chemical dependency within 25 minutes.

16. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    ...Fuck, what do I remember that from?

17. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Welcome to flavor country dumbass.

18. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

:lol  no I should clarify, I was just one of those dumbass teenagers who thought they knew better than their parents. Turns out Mum was actually pretty effing smart. Glad I figured that out sooner rather than later.

19. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I'm looking at this situation from a different perspective. Europe does indeed have a different way of doing things just as I am sure that Canada has a different way of looking at things too. I don't think that kids that age should be smoking but then again I grew up in a house of smokers, luckily I never indulged in the habit. As for the nicotine gum "Nicotine gum is a type of chewing gum that delivers nicotine to the body. ... Originally (in the early 1990s) they were sold only by prescription." both my parents tried to quit and thats how it was purchased. Sure maybe the teen did this as a some dare or prank but what would have happened had the kid died? You're right I really don't want my kid smoking at the age 12 but I really don't think that its the school's job to hand out products like these to the kids. Information to get them to quit? Yeah. actual product? No.

As for the birth control and all that mess I remember the controversy breaking out as that was being introduced in the schools. It just seems very tragic that the schools would side step the parents right of "need to know." It is not the school's responsibility to raise my child, thats mine. The school system is not paying for my child's medical insurance I have the wonderful priviliege of throwing buckets of cash out of the window. :)  You see the easiet way to take someone's rights away are a little bit at a time you start at point a. back in the day where my Mom signed the permission slip so that principal of the school could use the paddle for punishment and end at point b. where if i were to recieve punishment and be paddled my parents could sue for child abuse. That was by the time I graduated. I'm sure a lot of the older cats on this board can remember the lectures in class about child abuse and then going home and thinking of having the nerve of telling your parents you'd dial 911. I'm more than sure everybody remembers the saying that went along with it. Its the 1-80 that this country has taken during my years of a public education. Ultimately what I don't like is how control over my child during school hours is being taken out of my hands because little Johnny or susie is scared to tell their parents whats going on in their lives and that is the whole point of the article.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  20. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

If I could drink I'd probably be an alcoholic dependent on booze just to cope with the abject stupidity of the human race.

I think it's time for an evolutionary reboot. Where's a killer asteroid when you need one?